Notices

Door Lock problems

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Lock problems

Just curious if anyone else has had problems with their locks. My wife's two front doors will not unlock using the key fob or the switch on the door, it has to be done manually. If outside the car we At one point we were able to lock three of the doors using the fob while manually locking the driver door. Now the fob will no longer lock any door. Sometimes with the doors unlocked, I will go to get in through the driver door and the oem alarm will go off until I start the car. Im trying to figure out the problem before spending a fortune taking it to a dealer which Im guessing wont be able to fix the problem.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Could be your battery is almost dead. When my door is unlocked and after awhile I open it it does that beeping. Today I just got my battery low on my fob. But I have a second one so.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
+1 to have an ETACS Decoder or Diagbox programmer (this time for reading and clearing diagnostic codes).
I am sure that your car is throwing diagnostic trouble codes. You should read them, before anyone can provide you a meaningful answer.
Based on your description I counted numerous potential codes (I assume you have two KOS keys)
B1A08 KOS key 1 performance issue
B1A09 KOS key 2 performance issue
B1A10 KOS key 1 low battery
B1A11 KOS key 2 low battery
and many more.
If the battery in the unit is low though you have to see this sign in your multicolor information display (see the icon below) for 30 seconds. You could also check whether the other KOS key is able to open the doors or not.
Otherwise your KOS-ECU may become defective or you may have to re-synchronize the rolling code (for this try to push either the LOCK or UNLOCK buttons twice or more). In this latter case you should see an icon in the central display that shows a key and an exclamation mark (for 5 seconds) meaning your key is not detected). If the KOS-ECU is defective the same icon should stay on for 5 minutes.
Again, without the diagnostic codes this exercise may be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm actually having the same issue with my 2016 Outlander. Several times since it's gotten cold, I can't get it to unlock using the button on the door handle. But the fob will work.
kinda p!ss's me off.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Krakker and Jay10Ralliart,
Do you see any icon on your information display? Here is what I suggest you may want to do. Sit in the driver seat, roll down the window, lock the car with the remote or the button on the door handle. Check the central display. Try to open the doors with the same two ways in separate occasions. You must see the the key icon with the exclamation mark for some time. If you do not get any feedback from the ECU/ETACS about the malfunction is not a good sign. BTW I do not have a KOS system I deliberately avoided it but I have read a lot about it and currently browsing the service manual. I also recommend to read the relevant sections of the owner's manual. These things take an hour the most while soliciting answers from the forum may take days and with all due respect some response are destined to be misleading.
This below is an original source:
http://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mit...al-data-40049/

Last edited by AWCAWD; Jan 9, 2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: update
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I will be on it tomorrow when I have time to check it out.
I'll report back after I've taken a few attempts to replicate it.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Any update on the door locking/unlocking issue?
Krakker, your car is going in for hood paint, if you have any confidence in the dealership you may want to ask them to check your KOS out too.