Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

***Official WA Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Yes, not much here

FB has really hurt the community here. Its really sad but that's life in the trendy NW. I remember when we used our little forum here to schedule mid week meets. Those were fun. Is the FB crowd doing that? I don't know. I've never opened a FB account so I have no idea what's going on in the area, if anything. But if anyone who is reading this post wants to get together for a beer and talk Evo's I'm up for that. Post the time and place.

MAX
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the new car, for those who aren't my FB friends.

1963 Ford Thunderbird, "bullet bird". It needs a full restoration and some panel replacement. The picture makes it seem much cleaner than it is. This should be a 2+ year project needing $10-20K in parts/labor to get it where I want it.

Old Jul 4, 2015, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Good luck with the new ride
Old Jul 7, 2015, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
The FB pages are probably doing okay. Don't know personally as i'm banned from them. EvoM allows people the opportunity to have skin thick enough to take childish banter.

Dan: Little update on my Evo. It just sold last night. Stepped out of the Evo game and moved onto other car things! As the ex-wife ruined the credit the only way to get enough money scraped together to start this epic quest was to sell her off.

I'm a little sad, and a little happy. New beginnings and interestingly enough, returning to restoring cars which is where I started getting into the car hobby back in High School.
nice, Ryan! I was going to ask whut you ended up with, but I saw your follow-up post. Very cool and I could see you pickin' up the girlies in that old beastie! I'm still undecided what to do with mine, and in a bit of an Evo funk. I'm leaning toward selling it off and getting back into the diesel truck game.

I'm sure someone was very happy getting your clean ride. Congrats on the new journey!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
My father in law would love to take that Thunderbird off your hands
Old Jul 17, 2015, 09:44 AM
Account Disabled

Finally going to be back in a turbo 4 door Dan lol. And yes I will be able to keep up haha.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
nice, Ryan! I was going to ask whut you ended up with, but I saw your follow-up post. Very cool and I could see you pickin' up the girlies in that old beastie! I'm still undecided what to do with mine, and in a bit of an Evo funk. I'm leaning toward selling it off and getting back into the diesel truck game.

I'm sure someone was very happy getting your clean ride. Congrats on the new journey!
It's a good thing you're married up already. Chicks don't dig diesel trucks. Unless you picked them up at planned parent hood, of course.

So far it's been fantastic to drive a classic car. People are constantly asking about it, taking pics, congratulating me, or just wanting to tell a story about family having at T-bird at some point.

I haven't put the windows up yet (not sure if they even work), and the speedo is so far off (22 teeth speedo gear + taller tires = inaccurate as hell) that I think i'm going between 55-60 as i'm still passing Prius (on the right, and in corners). Arm out cruising agrees with me.

This is how rare these old cars are.... Found a friend just 2 weeks into ownership.

Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:46 AM
Account Disabled

oh yeah!
Going fast again!

Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

^Nice Tim! You were able to keep up with us...till we got over 65mph! har har! I forgot to reply to your text, if you hadn't noticed.

This time, are you going to let me know when it's time to sell??? I'd still like to have an older one at some point.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 06:00 PM
Account Disabled

probably, but I think I am going to keep this one for good lol. loving the FP3065 on this thing lol.

Originally Posted by yahu
^Nice Tim! You were able to keep up with us...till we got over 65mph! har har! I forgot to reply to your text, if you hadn't noticed.

This time, are you going to let me know when it's time to sell??? I'd still like to have an older one at some point.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by RaptorReed
probably, but I think I am going to keep this one for good lol. loving the FP3065 on this thing lol.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

VR-4 > Evo X
Old Jul 28, 2015, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

and it's a 4x4 lol
Old Jul 28, 2015, 02:07 PM
Account Disabled

Don't diss the factory emblem! Some said "full time 4wd" instead of 4x4. It's all the same though lol.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 05:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by OrangeMax
FB has really hurt the community here. Its really sad but that's life in the trendy NW. I remember when we used our little forum here to schedule mid week meets. Those were fun. Is the FB crowd doing that? I don't know. I've never opened a FB account so I have no idea what's going on in the area, if anything. But if anyone who is reading this post wants to get together for a beer and talk Evo's I'm up for that. Post the time and place.

MAX
Evo meet at Tacoma Sonic this coming sunday. North enders are meeting up at Alki beach at 4pm I believe.

Last edited by RaptorReed; Aug 1, 2015 at 07:38 PM.

Quick Reply: ***Official WA Chat Thread***