Notices
For Sale - Part Outs Parting out your car? Place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Evo 8/9 parts: APR CF wing trunk Spoolinup COP Hawk DTC-70 pads +more

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Evo9 MIVEC cylinder head, 4.521 drive gears, Cwest brake duct, coilover springs, etc.

I've sold my Evo and am selling all of my Evo 8/9 parts. All parts are used unless otherwise noted.

Sorry, the parts listed in the thread title have been sold and I can't edit it.

I have lots of experience packaging and shipping parts, and I will take the time and effort to properly package your item to prevent damage in transit. I know how to protect critical edges with double or triple layers of corrogated cardboard within the outer shipping box, I understand that bubble wrap or styrofoam peanuts are NOT appropriate for packaging heavy items (like cylinder heads!), and we can agree on the insurance value just in case the whole package gets lost somehow.

Parts location: Longmont, CO 80501

This is all that's left...

OEM Mitsubishi Evo 8/9 connecting rods, set of five rods. *** SOLD! *** As you can see in the picture, one of the OEM pistons is broken so that one is no good, but the other three pistons are fine and I have an additional good piston (not pictured) so I do have four useable OEM pistons to go with the OEM rods.

KW 60mm ID coilover springs, brand new. If you're not aware, KW is a German company that makes very good coilovers. Their springs are equal quality to Eibach, H&R, or Swift.

$75/pr shipped or $140 shipped for a set of four. *** SOLD! ***

140mm long x 60mm ID, 90N/mm (514#/in) I have FOUR (two pairs) of these.

OEM Mitsubishi / Brembo rear brake caliper parts (for Evo 8/9), replacement brake pad pins (quantity 3) and rear caliper brake pad tension clip (quantity 1): $12 shipped for all*** SOLD! ***

OEM Mitsubishi Evo 9 4.529:1 final drive transmission gears (5-speed, not from a 6-speed MR), removed at 28k miles, excellent condition. *** SOLD! ***

OEM Mitsubishi Evo 9 MIVEC cylinder head, excellent condition, has NOT been shaved down/surfaced (measures 5.202" or 132.13mm tall), includes all 16 OEM valves, valve springs, & valve retainers, and matching cam caps & cam cap bolts of course but is otherwise bare (i.e., doesn't include rockers, hydraulic lifters, camshafts, cam gears, or valve cover).

*** SOLD! *** (I'll need your zipcode and the amount of insurance coverage you want on the head to give you a shipping cost to you).

It will be cheaper if you are willing to pick up the head at your local FedEx store, rather than having it delivered to your house. Also, delivery to a commercial/business address will be about $6–10 less than delivery to a residential address.

OEM Evo9 camshafts (removed at 10k miles, excellent condition): *** SOLD! ***

Link to gallery of Evo9 head pics: http://postimg.org/gallery/9bk5kpg6/

Attached Thumbnails Evo 8/9 parts: APR CF wing trunk Spoolinup COP Hawk DTC-70 pads +more-20130803_110800_zps9c2396bc.jpg   Evo 8/9 parts: APR CF wing trunk Spoolinup COP Hawk DTC-70 pads +more-20130803_152708_zpsfbe6b80d.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by EGbeater; May 30, 2017 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Brembo caliper parts, OMP tow rings, OEM final drive gears, and Evo 9 head/cams are sold
Old Oct 27, 2013, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to know how much is the shipping going to cost on the cf trunk going to zip code 33018
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

MORE STUFF:

Eibach coilover springs, pair, 7" long x 2.5" ID, 650#/inch. $80/pair shipped. *** SOLD *** Very good condition; used for about six months. These sell for $66 each new:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...r-in/2-500-in?

NOTE: Obviously, you need to have aftermarket coilover suspension (that take either 2.5" or 60mm ID springs) to use these coilover springs.

ACD-Tuning.com Stage 3 custom mapped ACD (active center differential) ECU - $500. *** SOLD *** Provides three separate tuning maps for better turn-in and corner exit. More info here: http://acd-tuning.com/evo-7-9.html

OEM Mitsubishi Evo 9 O2 housing, does not have a O2 sensor rusted or cross-threaded in it (does not included black steel mounting bracket) - $25 shipped. *** SOLD ***

OEM front license plate holder/bracket for Evo9, brand new in package with mounting hardware and instructions. Sells for $58:

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...productid=2189

$40 shipped. *** SOLD ***

APR GT3 carbon fiber side mirrors for Evo 8/9, $165 shipped. *** SOLD ***. These have a few small pits in the clearcoat of the fronts of them. Overall condition: 8 out of 10. Saves 3 pounds over the OEM side mirrors (doesn't sound like much, but everything adds up/makes your car faster). I drove the car on the street with these and had no issues seeing traffic behind me once I got used to them/adjusted them properly.

Comes with all necessary mounting hardware of course (three stainless steel allen head screws per mirror; you reuse the rubber gaskets from the OEM side mirrors). You can install these in about half an hour, including drinking a beer afterwards.

$290 new: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...08-p-5743.html

Pics of these mirrors on my car, summer 2013:

Last edited by EGbeater; Mar 28, 2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: items sold
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Rotora Super Challenge RF6 355mm (14") big brake kit with six-piston forged calipers and two-piece slotted rotors. *** SOLD ***

Requires 18" wheels. I ran these front brakes for about two seasons at the track. Previous to upgrading to this BBK, I tried in vain to get the OEM Brembos to work for me without boiling the brake fluid after less than 10 minutes on track—tried Girodisc two-piece rotors, titanium shims, Castrol SRF and Prospeed RS683 fluid, and brake cooling ducts—with no real improvement.

Going to this big brake kit (larger rotors + larger pads = more heat sink capacity for extreme braking duty, which constitutes converting kinetic energy into heat) solved my problems. The ventilated, two-piece piston design (with titanium top rings) of these calipers helps to reduce heat transfer from the rotors/brake pads into the brake fluid as well. No issues with brake balance front to rear (the rear brakes on the Evo 8/9 do so little there isn't really a need/reason to upgrade them).

The calipers have recently been rebuilt with new oil rings (aka "piston seals") over the winter of 2012/2013 and the rotors had new rings installed in July of 2013. There is only two track days of use on the fresh rotors... approximately 150 miles. You can see by the pictures with the calipers that they're basically unworn from their original thickness (1.263", or 32.08mm... the nominal spec of the rotor thickness brand-new is 32mm).

The brake pads are pretty much done—you'll need to order a new set to do serious tracking, but the pads they come with (Raybestos ST-43, unbelievably, these pads are streetable, yet work at the track when pad temps exceed 1000 degrees F too) will get you started, last for half to a full track day, depending on your car's power and weight, the track you drive on, and your driving style.

These six-piston Rotora calipers came equipped with stainless knockback springs (reduces brake pedal dead movement from wheel bearing play) in two different spring rates, but I removed them because I didn't really have pad knockback issues without them, and the springs complicated pad changes.

For pricing comparison purposes, these Rotora big brakes are similar to Stop Tech's 355mm, six-piston front brake upgrade kit ($3k), except that the Stop Techs don't come with knockback springs or ventilated titanium pistons:

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2...6-p-85695.html

$1500 + shipping for this Rotora setup. *** SOLD ***

(In this first picture, you can see the old rotor rings that were recently replaced... they're not worth anything, I'm showing them just as additional proof the current rotors have fresh rings)

Note the production/ship date on the rotor rings:

Last edited by EGbeater; Jan 29, 2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump because my last name is on your window. lol
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

SHIPPING WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS FOR CF TRUNK: I've packed the trunklid for shipping. It's wrapped in a foam sheet, then the corners and edges are protected with four-layer cardboard "L"s I got from a friend who works at a furniture store, then the entire trunklid is protected with a "burrito wrap" of cardboard. After that, I built a custom box for it (from materials from the furniture store again). The walls of the outer box are three to four layers thick.

You can see all of the pictures I took during the packaging process here: http://imageshack.com/a/8tmb/1

Anyway, the sub-seven-pound CF trunklid boxed up ended up weighing 32 pounds total. The box dimensions are 14" x 29" x 56". That is as small as possible with still providing adequate protection against damage during transit.

After checking costs of shipping such a large package by conventional means (i.e., FedEx and UPS) it's likely that the buyer will opt for shipping via Greyhound PackageXpress (get info and details at www.shipgreyhound.com). The dimensions are too large for USPS to ship it.

You can confirm the rates below yourself by entering the info at fedex.com and ups.com.

Shipping cost examples:

80501 to 33018 (Hialiah, FL; near Miami) via FedEx Ground, commercial address delivery, $500 value: $184
80501 to 33018 (Hialiah, FL; near Miami) via UPS Ground, commercial address delivery, $500 value: $202
From Denver, CO, to Miami, FL, from Greyhound station to Greyhound station, $300 value: $72

80501 to 91706 (Baldwin Park, CA; near LA) via FedEx Ground, commercial address delivery, $500 value: $160
80501 to 91706 (Baldwin Park, CA; near LA) via UPS Ground, commercial address delivery, $500 value: $187
From Denver, CO, to Los Angeles, CA, from Greyhound station to Greyhound station, $300 value: $72

80501 to 67210 (Wichita, KS) via FedEx Ground, commercial address delivery, $500 value: $157
80501 to 67210 (Wichita, KS) via UPS Ground, commercial address delivery, $500 value: $176
From Denver, CO, to Wichita, KS, from Greyhound station to Greyhound station, $500 value: $72

Old Oct 29, 2013, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
^ this man knows how to properly ship something!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PM Sent
Old Oct 29, 2013, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by llDemonll
^ this man knows how to properly ship something!
Well, there wouldn't be any point in paying for an awesome CF trunklid if it gets damaged in transit... but yes, I've done this kind of thing before. And EVERYTHING that I've ever shipped—including wheels, cylinder heads, transmissions, etc.—has arrived intact.

Originally Posted by ebadai98
PM Sent
All PMs replied to.

FYI, there are currently five people inquiring about the Spoolinup COP system... so, if you want it, might want to move on it.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

That apr wing has me interested.. what is shipping it to 44614 going to run? Pm me
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by siikEvo92
That apr wing has me interested.. what is shipping it to 44614 going to run? Pm me
I don't have the APR wing/uprights dismounted from the trunk yet.

However, you can estimate the shipping cost yourself at fedex.com.

The APR wing with the original uprights and endplates is just under 12 pounds, but the custom, taller uprights are fairly heavy (7.7 lbs for the pair), plus the cardboard I'll need to protect the wing properly will be as heavy as the wing itself.

I would use box dimensions of 63" x 14" x 14" and a weight of 34 lb to ballpark the shipping cost.

It will be kinda expensive... I got an estimate of $71.74 with $600 insurance value, signature required, hold at FedEx Location.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 01:34 PM

Random question but what kind of suspension setup are you running? and what are your wheel specs?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deproux
Random question but what kind of suspension setup are you running? and what are your wheel specs?
Stance Pro Comp2 SS-D, custom spring rates, 6kg/mm Swift helper springs up front (as supplied by Stance, there are only helper springs in the rear):

http://www.stance-usa.com/sus/produc...y#GR+2Way-apps

Autocross wheels as seen above are Enkei RPF1, 18" x 10.5" +15 front, 18" x 9.5" +38 rear.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 08:16 AM

Still have the COP? I'll take it
Old Nov 1, 2013, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

CF trunklid, Spoolinup COP, Tanabe FSB, Muse mini battery bracket, and OEM oil cooler duct are sold.

Last edited by EGbeater; Dec 24, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Evo 8/9 parts: APR CF wing trunk Spoolinup COP Hawk DTC-70 pads +more