Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

South Carolina Evo Owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
South Carolina Evo Owners!!!

I have done a little searching for anything regional to do with South Carolina and found nothing. I could be blind but all I found is NC stuff.

In the next year I am moving down to the South Carolina area. I have a lot of stuff to sell off first.

I personally have 3 EVO's, an uber drag Eagle Talon and my wife also has an EVO. We are looking to meet some new people and get a general idea of the area.

How bad is the popo situation down there? I hate getting pulled over.

Any advise, goods or bads for living down there, let me know.

Thank you.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what part of south carolina? i live in north carolina but i have family in s.c and work there some.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cops can be d!cks. Friends that live in SC tell me they can take you to jail for speeding if you don't have the money to pay the fine on the spot. But I think that is a BS story.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

We do not have an area picked out yet. It is mostly going to depend where the wife can get an accounting job or a really good bank job.

I would like to be within a couple hours of the ocean. I just need to get the hell away from this snow and cold BS!!!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by leprechaun1874
The cops can be d!cks. Friends that live in SC tell me they can take you to jail for speeding if you don't have the money to pay the fine on the spot. But I think that is a BS story.
That's a BS story...I lived in Myrtle Beach for 6 yrs. Unfortunately I got a decent amount of speeding tickets while I lived there, one pretty serious ticket for doing 100mph+, I was given a ticket & sent on my way.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
We do not have an area picked out yet. It is mostly going to depend where the wife can get an accounting job or a really good bank job.

I would like to be within a couple hours of the ocean. I just need to get the hell away from this snow and cold BS!!!

haha, I hear that, I can't wait to move back down south. South Carolina does not have state vehicle inspection, you pay a yearly tax based on the value of the car & that's it. SC cops love giving out speeding tickets, so do a little weight reduction on your right foot, haha. I moved out of South Carolina 4 yrs ago, still own my house in Myrtle Beach & still have both my vehicles registered & insured down there...
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

Good to know about inspection cause I will be moving to the Columbia area in the next month or so. Any good shops in SC to go to? I need to get a few things repaired.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:50 AM

You might want to double check on th inspection. Roumor is thy are gonna start back next year.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by leprechaun1874
You might want to double check on th inspection. Roumor is thy are gonna start back next year.
The rumors you've been hearing have been coming from very unreliable source I'd say. 06mrevo is correct on the registration, you pay your property tax each year and get your new registration sticker. As far as the cops go I can walk you through the do's and don'ts around the greenville area as well as I85 from the nc border to the ga border. Greenville is about 3 hours or so from the beach depending on which beach you want to go to.

We haven't done too many get togethers in the upstate as it seems a lot of folks a very busy. I will be switching days off this year to fridays and saturdays so I will hopefully be able to be a little more social than this past year.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys for the input. I have been looking at taxes on houses down there and they are all over the place. I am looking for a house between $200k - $250k with a large shop or land that I can build one. I have seen taxes for that price range down to $400 - $600. Is this true. My taxes on a $200k house up here is $2600.

So, every year you have to pay a tax on your registered vehicles? What is the percentage. I have 4 vehicles I need to register.

Yeah, it would be awesome to have some kind of social event when I get down there to meet some people. I am so excited to get the hell out of WI. This next year is really going to suck. Need to sell off a lot of crap, can't move it all and can't throw it away.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure the exact figure on the vehicle property tax but I know my vehicles are under $200ea. The property tax for homes varies aroundthe state. Ours is just shy of 1k for 165k home. I think the rates you found are a little off. I know in the Greenville area Anderson county has the lowest property taxes. The other part you'll love when you get here are the gas prices, lowest in the southeast. If you find a home with a big shop or enough land to build one, will you be my friend (said in a steve erkle voice).
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

^ LMFAO!!! Here is the house that my wife found. I told her not to look because she is going to find something I like and I am going to be pissed off.

http://www.trulia.com/property/photo...-29130#item--1

The shop I have now is 26x54, that one is 30x80. I really want that place but, I need $$$!!!

Also, does anybody do any fishing down there? I have a 17' Stratos Vindicator bass boat with a 150hp Johnson on it. It gets up and goes. I am looking to hammer some big fish. I love fish fries!!!

I am going to be really pissed off if I have to spend another winter in WI. We shall see how long it takes me to pay off $62K.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Sc is the start of the hardcore redneck areas, fishing and hunting is a way of life to some. Me, there is not enough beer to drink to get me fishing, I get bored rather quickly. Nice find by the wife.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

I don't do the hunting but love catching fish and cooking them.

There has to be more people from SC. Speak up!!!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
I don't do the hunting but love catching fish and cooking them.

There has to be more people from SC. Speak up!!!
there are plenty of lakes and rivers to fish in so that will not be a problem,and if you like to compete the pro bass tour has 3 or 4 stops just in north and south carolina each season.

Quick Reply: South Carolina Evo Owners!!!