Notices

Posting For Sale and WTB in TLC Forum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2010, 08:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Posting For Sale and WTB in TLC Forum

Myself and evolutionm.net would like to know of anyone who has 50 post count or higher and has had difficulties posting in the Canadian Market Place section. We are looking into this now if there is an issue or glitch we would like to resolve it.

EVOSOUL

Please post and reference the thread. Also remember, if your account is less than 60 days old and or doesnt have a register post count of 50 posts, then all attempts will be rejected.

Please let me know by posting here your experience

Last edited by Smike; Aug 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Bold
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
according to my post history i have over 50 posts and have been a member longer then 60 days but i am unable to post in for sale :S
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jbs101
according to my post history i have over 50 posts and have been a member longer then 60 days but i am unable to post in for sale :S
jbs101, please attempt to make a test post . please report back to me right away that your attempt failed
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
If you have not contributed to this site as a whole, then you may not have the post count. Off topic and regional sections do not count towards posts. It does not matter how many it says when you search all posts, ONLY the posts that have contributed.

In order to keep this subforum open and active, we ask that you all take it as a responsiblity to all TLC members to keep to our total site rules.

We are here for you guys, and appriciate any help you give (report rule infractions or questions about a post/thread). The Staff here is more than happy to check it out.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
If you have not contributed to this site as a whole, then you may not have the post count. Off topic and regional sections do not count towards posts. It does not matter how many it says when you search all posts, ONLY the posts that have contributed.

In order to keep this subforum open and active, we ask that you all take it as a responsiblity to all TLC members to keep to our total site rules.

We are here for you guys, and appriciate any help you give (report rule infractions or questions about a post/thread). The Staff here is more than happy to check it out.
yes SmikeEvo, your right. I didnt look at jbs101 just now. But I have seen strange situation of people having a 50+ post count next to their name but reporting the inability to post in our section.

That said, if anyone has over 50 real posts next to their name and cant post in the Canadian Marketplace please report to myself or moderator

Thank you Mods
Old Aug 30, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

I stuck this thread and bolded the important parts.

I'll be assisting, if you guys need help or have a question please PM me.

(And before anyone says "but he is not a TLC'r" -- I am sorta Canadian Michigander originally, played lots of hockey in Canada over my years.)

Here for you guys!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:43 AM

How do you monitor "contributing" posts. Its ridiculous that my post count for a regional forum does NOT count towards my total post count.

I am on evolutionm.net for TLC and the Canadian marketplace and not for any other reason so why wouldn't I be allowed to post things for sale to other members?

Seems kind of absurd to me that posting in one sub-forum over another is more "valuable". Good thing by posting this rant in a regional sub-forum it doesn't count towards my total post count because it definitely doesn't contribute.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:21 PM
Former Sponsor

How do you monitor "contributing" posts. Its ridiculous that my post count for a regional forum does NOT count towards my total post count.

I am on evolutionm.net for TLC and the Canadian marketplace and not for any other reason so why wouldn't I be allowed to post things for sale to other members?

Seems kind of absurd to me that posting in one sub-forum over another is more "valuable". Good thing by posting this rant in a regional sub-forum it doesn't count towards my total post count because it definitely doesn't contribute.
jbs101; at first glance it may seem abnormal. But Evolutionm's primary goal of this policy is to drum up more participation in the technical forums. This policy is in place for all of the other regional forums so dont think we are being singled out.

For the mean time this is the way it is.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

First off, this subforum is a privilege, not a right.

Secondly, EvoM is a technical forum. We ask you to contribute meaningful posts in the forums that are what many are here for. Progression of knowledge.

Now if you have a problem with our site rules and fail to follow them, you will be dealt with.

This is for TLC. I cleaned up more FS/WTB threads tonight. To continue that path would be unwise.

Last edited by Smike; Sep 10, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
jbs101; at first glance it may seem abnormal. But Evolutionm's primary goal of this policy is to drum up more participation in the technical forums. This policy is in place for all of the other regional forums so dont think we are being singled out.

For the mean time this is the way it is.
i have posted so many times in different sections but my post count is not updating or adding up, still remains 0 (zero) up to now.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IN10S
i have posted so many times in different sections but my post count is not updating or adding up, still remains 0 (zero) up to now.
post in one of the technical forums right now and I will observe,
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
post in one of the technical forums right now and I will observe,
is posting means that i have to create a new topic or just simply making a comment on somebody's query? i just made a comment on one of the tech issue.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Posting (starting or commenting in a thread) only counts in technical forums.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:54 AM

Posting (starting or commenting in a thread) only counts in technical forums.

finally i have one post... lol
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by IN10S
finally i have one post... lol
there you go. Becoming active in the technical forums isnt really hard and if you come across someone who needs help, chiming in and offering advise helps everyone.

Quick Reply: Posting For Sale and WTB in TLC Forum