Notices

Massive AccessPORT Map Release for EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Massive AccessPORT Map Release for EVO X

COBB Tuning is proud to announce a significant expansion of the AccessPORT Map Database for the USDM Mitsubishi EVO X. Efforts for this expansion have been underway for some time and everyone at COBB Tuning is excited to see these maps made available for tuning enthusiasts. EVO X owners now have over 120 maps to choose from to meet the needs of their specific modifications!

The first major expansion is the availability of maps designed for use with Deatschwerks 800cc fuel injectors. Every previous Stage2 map is now also available with appropriate calibrations for DW800cc injectors across multiple pump fuel grades. That’s 36 additional maps for DW800cc injectors alone. These maps make great starting points for tuning big power with large turbo upgrades.

Since the addition of DW800cc injectors opened the door to higher fuel flow, COBB Tuning went ahead and created new E85 maps for every previous Stage2 map as well. 12 additional DW800cc + E85 maps are now available for download. The combination the DW800cc gasoline maps and E85 maps allows for easy transition between fuel types just by switching maps with the AccessPORT. Take advantage of the additional power available from E85 when it’s readily available, and switch back to a safe fossil fuel map when it’s not. Please note that the stock fuel pump is not adequate to deliver the required volume for E85 fuel.

Furthermore, all maps have been upreved to take advantage of the Torque Monitor Defeat feature in the new software. The ECU logic that checks to see if torque and airflow are within targets has been defeated on all maps. This will prevent DTC’s and limp modes from occurring when measured values are outside of table targets.

All 120+ maps are currently available for download in the AccessPORT Map Database for the EVO X.

COBB Tuning is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive solutions for tuning enthusiasts. The AccessPORT is the most powerful and easy to use hand held tuner in the world. Plug in and access the potential of your high performance import today!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:56 AM

This is great news!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome stuff guys!

Hopefully something for the SST is underway?? wink.wink.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome. I was looking into getting the Cobb AP.

I could get a custom map made for my specific setup based on mods, correct? I'm trying to find someone that is good with Evo X tuning in my area (Michigan, 48183) that could use the Cobb AP and make me a custom map. I'd like the ability to flash between stock and custom maps myself, and it looks like Cobb is the company to go with. Anyone have any input on this?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
Awesome. I was looking into getting the Cobb AP.

I could get a custom map made for my specific setup based on mods, correct? I'm trying to find someone that is good with Evo X tuning in my area (Michigan, 48183) that could use the Cobb AP and make me a custom map. I'd like the ability to flash between stock and custom maps myself, and it looks like Cobb is the company to go with. Anyone have any input on this?
I guess I'm looking to do the same thing. I have just a drop in filter and cat back exhaust and thats the only performance upgrades I plan on having besides maybe the access port. Unfortunately the filter and exhaust I have are not listed on the maps that Cobb just released. Can I still use it without a custom map being made and see any performance upgrade, or will I need a custom tune to run on the accessport for it to be worth while?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Catback with a drop in can run a stage 1 map fine...
Old Dec 2, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

^ so i would just run a stage 1 stock map? what if i ran the one for the HKS filter and a turbo back exhaust? Would I have any more gains even though I really have the K&N filter and just a catback exhaust?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Cool.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by mmartahus
^ so i would just run a stage 1 stock map? what if i ran the one for the HKS filter and a turbo back exhaust? Would I have any more gains even though I really have the K&N filter and just a catback exhaust?
You should just go ahead and start a new thread (or try search?) and leave this thread for discussion on the news from Cobb related to E85
Old Dec 2, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

good job guys! playing with the maps now...
Old Dec 2, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Any chance that there will be maps for the 2010 X? Or an official approval to use these maps? (beings that the only difference between the 08's and 10's is a single bit for lean spool)
Old Dec 2, 2009, 02:35 PM
Former Sponsor

We are currently developing maps and AccessPORT compatibility for the 2010 EVOX. We will make a formal announcement when this is completed.

I guess I'm looking to do the same thing. I have just a drop in filter and cat back exhaust and thats the only performance upgrades I plan on having besides maybe the access port. Unfortunately the filter and exhaust I have are not listed on the maps that Cobb just released. Can I still use it without a custom map being made and see any performance upgrade, or will I need a custom tune to run on the accessport for it to be worth while?
We cannot say how one panel filter will behave as opposed to another filter, but you can log your engine parameters with the AccessPORT to ensure that your car is running properly. The catback should not make much difference to your tune at all, it is the intake that we are mostly concernded with.

We do not recommend running at stage 2 map on a stage 1 car. These maps have been developed for specific configurations in mind. Running a stage 2 map on a stage 1 car could lead to engine damage.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice info. Thanks to COBB
Old Dec 2, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
We are currently developing maps and AccessPORT compatibility for the 2010 EVOX. We will make a formal announcement when this is completed.

We cannot say how one panel filter will behave as opposed to another filter, but you can log your engine parameters with the AccessPORT to ensure that your car is running properly. The catback should not make much difference to your tune at all, it is the intake that we are mostly concernded with.

We do not recommend running at stage 2 map on a stage 1 car. These maps have been developed for specific configurations in mind. Running a stage 2 map on a stage 1 car could lead to engine damage.
can you comment on whether or not my gas mileage would change with the stage one map? I got slightly better mileage since having the K&N filter, I wonder if the accessport would help lean out the piggishly rich stock tune anymore?
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome COBB, nice work!!!

Quick Reply: Massive AccessPORT Map Release for EVO X