Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Bishop Motorsports in CT Alignment and Tire change

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bishop Motorsports in CT Alignment and Tire change

I just wanted to do a quick little write-up of last week's experience @Bishop Motorsports in Canton, CT. First off let me just say how easy Kyle (the owner) & Ryan (the tech) are to deal with. There are both more than willing to answer any questions you might have about your car. I went in to do a routine tire change (winter tires back to Advans) as well as get an alignment since I was feeling that the stock alignment was a bit off. First, Ryan used the shop's Hunter TC3500 tire changer to get my Pirelli 210 Sottozeros off. The machine itself is pretty much the best tire changer money can buy. Ryan was telling me just how easy it was to mount new tires on a customer's magnesium Ferrari wheel (scary job ) so I had no worries about my stock Enkeis getting damaged.

After putting my Advans back on he balanced each wheel and tire using their Hunter GSP9700 Road Force balancer. It's quite the machine..."The GSP9700 is the latest and greatest in wheel balancers. It has the ability to check imbalances in both lateral and radial forces, as well as apply "road force" to the tire, to detect any imbalances that standard balancers just can't detect or fix. If you have a bent wheel that you didn't know about, this machine will tell us, and fix the problem, if it's fixable of course. The GSP9700 will also detect any flaws in tire production, as well as un-even tread wear. This machine will give you the best ride possible on whatever wheel/tire combination you may have." -From Bishop's website. Before applying the weights to each wheel Ryan asked me if I would like hammer on weights or stick on weights.
After applying the necessary wheel weights to each wheel it was off to the alignment rack. Again, Bishop had the best possible equipment for the job. Their alignment rack is the Hunter series 811 alignment system and holds quite a prominent place in their shop. Ryan went over how the system worked and told me about the dedicated software that the system uses. After getting my car on the rack, Ryan attached each of the four laser receptors to each wheel.

After mounting everything, he realized that my rear toe was off so he went to work fixing the problem. Once he finished, he re-checked all of the specs and we did a little road test of the alignment. Everything was great! The Advans were such an improvement over the soft winter tires and the alignment was dead on. I felt like I was driving a new car! So in all I would give Bishop a 10/10. They treated me like I was the most important person there even though Kyle was in the process of tuning a Veilside widebody MR2 that they had just installed a turbo kit on...

To sum it all up, I would highly reccomend Bishop to anybody in the CT/MA area who needs anything from a basic tire change/alignment, to corner balancing (Kyle is an avid autoxer who really knows his stuff when it comes to suspension tuning) and turbo installs.

Last edited by XK120; Apr 3, 2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Nice writeup

I know Kyle from autox, hes a SUPER nice guy. I am def going to have him align my car within the next month.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

What was the cost for the tire change over and alignment?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dafoe69
What was the cost for the tire change over and alignment?
It was $60 for the tire change/balance @ $15 a tire, and $68 for the alignment.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

I made the drive to Bishop and was really happy I did. The service was phenomenal and their prices are really good...and its probably the friendliest service I've had in a LONG time
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ordered a MBC from them, good price on the Hallman Pro RX