Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Very Disappointed with Dog Box Racing in Central NJ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sir, I can understand your frustration. You would like the matter resolved but that's kind of difficult to do when your calls are not being returned. And as you've stated already, you've been to the shop twice. It's a shame as Alex seems to be a very straight-up guy who more than anything wants to help people out. I will certainly back you up on the phonecall issue. I made between 12-15 phonecalls to them just to get a quote and eventually just went elsewhere. It seems simple enough; you have a business, a phone and an answering service. I wish you well. I'm sure once someone at Dogbox eventually gets back to you, they will resolve the issue.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
So you bought a used clutch. And put it in a used trans and then bolted that to a used motor and then waited a month to tune it. Now your used clutch is slipping? Sounds to me like your just jumping tHe gun. And for dog Box to correct the issue if its there fault is the right thing to do. Drive to the shop if your close.
Hmmm I didn't read that at all. He put his Exedy clutch from his prvious tranny in his new to him used tranny. Why would waiting a month to tune your car after installation cause the slipping clutch? I guess I just dont understand your way of thinking
Old Mar 26, 2010, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Exedy twins sometimes need to warm before they'll grab. Also if he's making tons of power then it will slip. You may need an upgrade to the Triple disc(conversion)

It could also be fluid leakage on the discs causing it to slip as the shop suggested.

"3 years of driving stick, so I'm not a noob?" 3 years doesn't mean anything, your driving style could suck. Just because you have 3 years does not mean you're a flawless stick shift driver. There are many people out there that ride clutches and have been driving for 5,10,20+ years and still have a bad technique.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

if they transferred the clutch over, you would think they would take a look at it to make sure its got plenty of life left on it?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
if they transferred the clutch over, you would think they would take a look at it to make sure its got plenty of life left on it?
this
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love these people ranting on the internet before even getting in contact with the shop in question...
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Sometimes (not saying this is the case with this company at all) a company will blow you off until you make something public and get bad publicity for it. Then they finally see you are serious and try to make amends and do right in the public eye....
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:20 AM
Account Disabled

well, at least he's tried to get a hold of them it sounds like.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
I love these people ranting on the internet before even getting in contact with the shop in question...
People rant because they CANNOT get in contact with the shop in question.

This dude seems to have his head on straight ,he has tried to contact the shop, even traveled to the physical location and got no help. If I just spent the money he did to get the work done I would want a responsive staff, not some people who do the work to get the car out of the shop then leave the customer hanging.

Scorke
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:23 AM
Account Disabled

I agree, it sounds like he's made some attempts to get them to look at it, I can see why he's frustrated but the mechanical problem may not be their fault in the first place.... either way it's a toughy, I feel for ya man.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
Sometimes (not saying this is the case with this company at all) a company will blow you off until you make something public and get bad publicity for it. Then they finally see you are serious and try to make amends and do right in the public eye....
Thats what separates the good companies from the bad ones. Good companies relish making a good situation out of a bad one, they know they have the resources, expertise, and staff to make it happen.

The stand up shops will work with you to resolve issues, the bad ones will duck calls, try to avoid your attempts to contact them, in an effort to make you go away.

The fact that dogbox was so active on here for a while and have now pretty much up and left, seems like they might be getting out of the game...

Scorke
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

I'm sure He has. Said He called, His Mom called and He went to the shop. If He did that before posting then I totally agree with you.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
So you bought a used clutch. And put it in a used trans and then bolted that to a used motor and then waited a month to tune it. Now your used clutch is slipping? Sounds to me like your just jumping tHe gun. And for dog Box to correct the issue if its there fault is the right thing to do. Drive to the shop if your close.
the clutch was from my 6 speed. i did not buy it used.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slvrr
Hmmm I didn't read that at all. He put his Exedy clutch from his prvious tranny in his new to him used tranny. Why would waiting a month to tune your car after installation cause the slipping clutch? I guess I just dont understand your way of thinking
it wouldn't and for that month i babied the car i dont think it ever say over 3500 rpms.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

and i love people that post on my thread with nothing but annoying comments. if your not going to help then dont post Einstein its that simple.

Quick Reply: Very Disappointed with Dog Box Racing in Central NJ