Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Amber, Robert, and Bryan (Brian?) at Forced Performance! Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amber, Robert, and Bryan (Brian?) at Forced Performance! Woohoo!

So after lots of decisions I decided to send in my 35R for the HTA 86 treatment. I kept reading about all the 700hp cars and knew that was my goal for now. It was 600, then I got the 35R on meth and hit 598 without a single hiccup, just ran out of clutch so I figured why not aim higher? I already had a Magnus V5 waiting to go in, a double pumper waiting to go in, and an Exedy triple waiting to go in...now was the time. I pulled my AMS kit off and sent in the turbo to FP.

Robert called the minute it was checked in and I was excited to hear they had it and were going to start. He is a funny guy, he said that writing fragile on the box probably made FedEx trash the box because an exhaust housing stud was bent, the turbo was coming out of the box, and I had that **** boxed up good (I thought). He said he would try to remove the studs and then off to Bryan it would go, about 2 weeks turn around.

Fast forward 1.5 weeks later of driving a 1991 F150 and lots of patience and Brian calls. He said he took the housings off and the exhaust wheel looked like a rock or something had gone through it and was chipped up. For a fee of he would take it off, try to fix the damage, and rebalance the assembly. I was ticked but understood. He said the airflow would not be at its full potential so I could run it either way, but with an obvious turbo background I opted to pay the fee and have it fixed up. With the wheel being chipped up it would also probably not balance properly with the whole set up and sooner than later the cartridge would need replacing so the question really was how long did I want it to last. I got this kit used (3k miles on it, I knew the previous owner) and had only ran it for 2k miles so WTF. I also didn't look over the exhaust turbine wheel before shipping it but I trusted the guys). Bryan also said he was leaving for two weeks of military leave and would do everything in his power to have it done but the exhaust wheel fixing takes a couple days with rebalancing and current work load. I explained him my situation, going to Dallas this week to have all the work done and he said he would make sure it was done before he left. Well he did just that. The turbo was packaged up super well and the exhaust turbine wheel looks AMAZING. When I got the call it was going to ship Robert said it looked brand new and Bryan had done a great job but I was just like yeah yeah, then I saw it. It does look brand new. Install of course is a cinch since it goes right back in the kit and it is b e a u t i f u l. I got it back exactly 2 weeks after they received it and it shipped the day that Bryan left for military duty, awesome timing!

Amber is just very nice and sweet and happily took my credit card info to pay for it and seemed very appreciative of the business which is always great to see that they aren't too big for their britches as my mama would say

These guys are great, if I have to choose again I will be going with these guys for sure. Thanks FP!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sweet....hopefully Bryan or whoever is in the rebuild office calls me back soon...I left a voice mail last night & this afternoon about some issues I'm having with my FP red...looking forward to a phone call soon from them...

EDIT: Bryan called me back & I am sending my Turbo their way tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes as smooth as your situation went but quicker...Haha...

Last edited by 06MREvo; Jul 14, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FP has great customer service people dont realize just how much work they do with ALL the turbos they build not only for the evo community.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Robert and crew are a great group of people. I will never ever run anything else but an FP turbo
Old Jul 15, 2010, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Robert and crew are a great group of people. I will never ever run anything else but an FP turbo

MY EXACT philosophy. As always, great job FP.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You cannot go wrong with FP.. Support the companies that support EVO Owners!!!!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:18 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted

me 2 brotha and im sure thousands of others well say the same.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had an issue with my original 64mm FP RED back in 2009 and they stepped up quickly. I sold my 64mm after getting it back and bought the 80mm from Mike @ AWD about a year ago. They definately take care of their customers. I will always run an FP turbo.