Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

CVR Motorsports- an 8 month saga

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
CVR Motorsports- an 8 month saga

I ordered a Bride Vios III seat and rail for my car (1999 Miata) in March. At the time, my Miata had the stock seats which were fine for driving around town but since it was a track car with a roll bar and harness, I needed a fixed back seat for track events. I chose CVR as they had a good rating on Evom and NASIOC and offered a very good price given that I live in Canada and thus shipping prices are usually higher. After paying for my order using Paypal, I received this PM on March 9th.

Originally Posted by CVR Motorsports
Sorry about that our online system was down since yesterday morning, this is going to be arriving in mid April, let us know if this is ok? Chris called earlier in the day once our system was back up and got the most current info for ya.

Mark @ CVR
This was great news as racing season didn’t begin until May anyways. When April came and went (nearly), I inquired about my order and was sent this on April 20th.

Sorry not yet, we have checked and are still awaiting arrival notice and shipping approval. We are checking weekly for you so we may ship the moment it is confirmed as having landed in USA.

Bryan@CVR
Once May rolled around, and my order was 2 months old, I again asked for an update on May 8th.

Hey Nick, the container is due in between the 17th and that date providing customs doesnt delay them, we will contact you when it lands or please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Mark @ CVR
Based on that information, I figured I’d get the seat in June. This was further supported by a PM I received on May 29th.

Yes a few days late actually were waiting to know everything that was on it but so far our backorders are looking good

Mark @ CVR
By June 8th however, my optimism was shot down.

Hey, we just spoke with them and unfortunately it was delayed due to production in japan. They only have hyper black which is coming in 10 more days, we are awaiting conformation on gradation. However that is looking like the next container. Which may be early to mid July. Please let us know what you would prefer.

Mark @ CVR
This was rather odd given that for 3 months they had been telling me that everything was fine and my order was progressing as normal. At this point I agreed to switch to Hyper Black if it speeded the order. Hyper Black also costs less than Gradiation, I was due a refund as well. This was confirmed by CVR.

Correct on both, we will contact you as soon as they land. If you could please verify the delivery address and phone number. Thank you!

Mark @ CVR

Originally Posted by ambystom01
If the Hyper Black looks like the Black in this picture

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/images/t_19253.jpg

I'd be happy with that seat. I presume I would get a partial refund as well since I paid extra for gradiation?

Nick
On June 29th, I received exciting news.

Should be end of the week or early next

Mark @ CVR
Once again, after getting my hopes up, CVR pulled the rug out with this message, that I received on July 14th.

Sorry, they took a bit to get back to us due to vacations. They updated the ETA to august due to the holidays of the month of july. Containers are taking a bit later then anticipated. Sorry ill keep checking on this weekly just to stay ahead of any changes and as always do not hesitate to check back with us Thanks!

Mark @ CVR
August rolls around and I get more potentially good news on August 11th.

Container is announced for end of aug.

Mark @ CVR
As has become the pattern, the news comes with a great twist.

Yup seat is finally in!! Bad news though is the rail for the miata unfortunately did not come with it, they said early october for that piece or we can have them airship it in for $275 from japan in about one week. Let me know what to do but for now the seat is pending shipping as we told them not to touch it and get it ready for the driver

Mark @ CVR
So while my seat has arrived, apparently the rail, arguably the most important part, did not. If I wanted it in time for racing season, I’d have to pay another 275$. CVR was not willing to do anything to help other than take more money and order it, assuming the same mistake did not happen again. When I expressed my frustration, this is what I was told.

I hear ya and agree as does Chris, the wait times have been tough this year and its intensely frustrating. We were made to wait almost 9 months for another customer who ordered maziora's, with him calling every month practically cursing to no avail. If it were up to us things would be speedy but unfortunately we are at their mercy too We called again and basically that was us putting in a word for you to make it october as they had originally said november due to how close that one is to being closed, but they made an exception due to the length of time youve waited so far. I can understand the air shipping cost being heavy, either way right now we have it slated for that container to make sure nothing else fails but if you change your mind soon just let us know. I know he said he wants that seat moving asap as he doesnt want it sitting around a second longer than necessary.

Mark @ CVR
Apparently Bride, an internationally recognized and respected company, was having issues fulfilling its orders to the tune of months of delays. If I had ordered custom or otherwise rare seats, I would understand but I ordered a run of the mill Bride Vios and the rail is hardly a complex piece of technology. I remained patient however and kept my order.
On September 24th, I received this PM.

Seat is in transit yes, rail is on the way in from japan as we speak, weve been checking every 5-10 days annoying them to make sure

Mark @ CVR
This was rather interesting since they had previously claimed that the seat was in their possession. Could it mean that my seat was on its way to me? If that was the case, why didn’t I receive a tracking number?
After October rolled around, I got impatient. On October 22nd, I tried to call CVR. In fact, I tried 12 times. For the first 4 or so tries, I went to their answering machine. For the last 8 or so, it was if the number was no longer in service. Strange considering I spaced my calls out over a 4 hour period. I also PMed them twice. I only received a response after I posted this in their review thread on NASIOC.

Originally Posted by Ambystom01
I've been waiting 7 months for my order, I'm less than impressed.
The entire thread is here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...732241&page=15.

This was CVR’s response.

If your calling and unable to get through it means the lines are in heavy use, this is common, especially on a friday, and is covered in our website. We do offer several other methods of communication, email and pm, which are monitored frequently and daily where your also welcome to request a callback if thats your preference. Simply provide us your phone number.

Posting spitefully on nasioc is really uncalled for, misdirected and really serves no other purpose than to be spiteful toward the wrong party. All were waiting on is the rail, which should be ready any day now, that was not our call and if we really had the ability your order wouldve been provided within a matter of days.

Chris @ CVR
Apparently my comment was spiteful, when in reality, it was the truth. It was now 7 months since I ordered my seat.
At this point, I began inquiring about a refund. I was reluctant to trust CVR any further and felt they plain and simply did not deserve my business nor any kind of profit given the level of service they had provided. Magically, I while “processing” my refund, my seat and rail appeared, perhaps overnighted from Japan. When I asked how quickly they could get it shipped to me, this was their response on October 28th.

Hey Nick yup sorry Chris is getting ready to go to sema and everyone out west is scrambling to get ready too, but to be fully honest youd be looking at early next week to ship, let us know what will work best for ya. He just wanted to let you know as he did feel bad that you waited so long and didnt want it to be in vane.

Mark @ CVR
It would appear that preparing for SEMA, a yearly trade show that doesn’t exactly happen spontaneously, was more important than fulfilling a 7 month old outstanding order. I was pretty pissed at this and replied as follows.

Originally Posted by Ambystom01
If the parts are apparently ready to go, why can't it ship out tomorrow? I really don't understand the reason for the holdup and why the shop getting ready for SEMA is in any way an excuse for more delay on a 7 month order. If you can't give me a realistic, and accurate ship date, and issue me a tracking number, I want a refund. I'm tired of the games.

Nick
Nevertheless, I received a tracking number on November 1st. What I found interesting is that CVR Motorsports is an east-coast company, according to their 347 area code, New York City, yet the package was coming out of LAX.
I received the seat today and was a bit surprised by what I saw. Despite changing my order to speed things along, I still received a gradiation seat. I do not know if the rail is correct as my Miata is currently in storage for the winter.

To summarize everything, I can’t help but get the impression that throughout my order time line, I was being blatantly lied to or misinformed. Shipment dates were constantly moved, orders were changed and than reversed (without any customer knowledge), seats that were in their possession were somehow still in transit, refunds were suggested but never followed through with and glaring oversights were made in that key components of the order were forgotten. CVR continuously blamed someone else, namely Bride. While I was pursuing a refund, I emailed Bride to inquire about these apparent production delays and their inability to stick to deadlines.

Hello Nick,
Thank you so much for your email regarding the experience you have encountered with CVR. I will discuss the issue with them shortly.
Just to let you know, the seats will be shipped shortly. They were suppose to leave our warehouse yesterday though the forwarder company did not will call the item. We will get this resolved ASAP.
Thank you.
With Best Regards,
Shino J Fujisawa
The order only appeared to resolve itself after I began pursuing a refund, which may be a happy coincidence but I find that unlikely. Based on my experience, I cannot recommend CVR Motorsports. While I now have my seat, it took 8 months to get to me. By contrast, during my waiting, I ordered a seat from a small, independent shop in the US to hold me over. It took him under a week to get my seat to me. I gave him a clear deadline and he was honest and worked within those terms. CVR promised a deadline and then shot past it by 7 months.
I fully expect CVR to either PM me or a moderator or to post here to complain about how my review is unreasonable and with more excuses as to how a 7 month delay was not their fault but as this point, I don't care. Short of the Bride factory exploding, I do not see anything that can honestly explain how a simple order, that was initially supposed to take 1 month, can go so badly.

Last edited by ambystom01; Nov 19, 2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...
7 months. for a seat that is commonly ordered...?
I have ordered two Bride Vios III in the past with Bride rails, and even though they weren't in stock, at my local shop or at Bride USA, they got it for me in 1.5 months.

At least you got your seat....
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

That sounds like an awful experience.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is a long time just for some seats. Do they require that brand of seat rails only?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

To use the Low Max system, yes.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Awful ordeal...I would have canceled the order after the first batch of bs ...
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Ouch! That's a long wait for Bride's. CVR usually does a good job helping their customers, same with Bride USA to their dealers. The longest we've ever waited for any special order seat was around 2-3 months. Strange how it took as long as 7+ months.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, I wouldn't give them another shot.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 06:19 PM
Account Disabled

wow talk about beating around the bush......when you intially ordered did you know that they werent instock??
Old Nov 30, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

CVR has been great to me but my last order...

My situation is not as bad as yours but I am not getting response at all.

I ordered my cb and testpipe on 11/10 as of today i neither have the items nor tracking.

I dont know whats going on with them
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Epic fail...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deebo3726
wow talk about beating around the bush......when you intially ordered did you know that they werent instock??
Yes, I was told it would take a month to be in stock and on its way.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

well atleast you had gotten response to your emails/pms.

It has been a month I neither have product nor any response from them...

I filed a dispute from my credit card.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CVR has had problems in the past with listing parts in stock that were not and then taking overly long periods of time to get the parts out or even know whats going on.

While many have great luck there have been enough experiences posted like this that would make me never want to deal with them.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

lol this reminds me that they owe me a seibon carbon fiber trunk. they are good at diverting stories.

Quick Reply: CVR Motorsports- an 8 month saga