Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

hfs-4 fpblack 2.3

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hfs-4 fpblack 2.3

Hi all,

I just bought an hfs-4 kit from aquamist and after some reading and looking up im a little confused.
I m currently running 31psi with the turbo on normal pump fuel. My tuner said that it has no advantage to up the boost as i ll gain nothing and that it is too risky with the timing so with the aquamist i hope to get 34psi all the way with a 50/50mix.

I just want to be sure that i ll install the correct nozzles as the mapper comes only every 2 months. This is my setup:
-2.3 engine
-ported and polished head with std size valves
-map rev3 intake
-2.5 ic piping
-3.5inch ets ic
-65mm milspec
-jun 264 cams
-1250cc injectors
-fpblack turbo

-so, if i calculate i need two 1.2 nozzles to be installed? is this correct?
-The best place i install them is between the bov and throttle body and best as far as possible from the throttle body?
-what power gain ll i have with adding 3psi boost or ll it be safe for more?

thx
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would steer clear of any methanol injection. Just something else to fail. The simpler the setup the simpler trouble shooting issues and easier to monitor. What are your power goals? Are you on 91 oct? What turbo? Seems like money could be better spent else where. Bigger cams, turbo, e85 if available.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Joshthree6three
I would steer clear of any methanol injection. Just something else to fail. The simpler the setup the simpler trouble shooting issues and easier to monitor. What are your power goals? Are you on 91 oct? What turbo? Seems like money could be better spent else where. Bigger cams, turbo, e85 if available.
im driving on 98ron in europe so thats the same like in us 93 i think. I don t want to change the turbo as i like how the powerband is now, it spools very quick(3700rpm full boost) and i have power till 8200rpm. Im now at arround 600bhp at the flywheel and sadly we don t have E85. I know that the simplier the easier but i ll build in enough failsafes.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I as well as many other members have been running methanol for years with no issues. With a good kit like aquamist you will be fine. I recommend using the two 1.2 jets. The HFS-4 can be scaled down if need be.

I am sure you will be fine. Have fun.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:10 AM

thx,

how far from the throttle body i should mount the nozzles?
ll i get a big gain from the 50/50 mix and 3psi more boost?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Ideally, as far away from the throttle as possible. It will allow more evaporation time and better droplet distribution to each cylinder.

Water injection is a well proven method of pushing the power limit over the conventional tuning technique. The power gain will depend on the skill of the tuner, it is compared to put race fuel in your tank and not tune for it.

You will get power increase without the additional 3psi but it appears your tuner is not very at ease with wmi integration.

The HFS4 has a good failsafe that will automatically drop boost in the event of under-, over- flow and electrical power loss.

If your tuner is familiar with tephra's alt-map patch, it is the best failsafe option.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joshthree6three
I agree with you to some degree in general but if you are referring to the HFS4 system, I like to know the reason behind your comments.

E85 is only a recent option compared to wmi , no one knows the long term effect. If you want to compare apple to apple, run 85% methanol or run E25. E85 does nothing to charge air cooling.

All WRC teams used water injection for 16 years until it was banned due to cost, they were not limiting themselves with only cams and turbos.

Last edited by Richard L; Nov 4, 2012 at 01:25 AM.