Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My 02' OZ rally in the works

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 02' OZ rally in the works

Hey guys,

Just thought i would post some pics of my 02' lancer oz, still in the works! Let me know what you guys think? Im going to the dirty rally look, let me know if you have any suggestions for future mods or anything that you think will make it look more rally!
-Tony

^^^when i fist bought it!

Also, the rims are now gun metal grey they look awesome for the time being until i can get my hands on some nice rims!

Made a video when i was bored! For some reason the muted the audio because of copyright issues, ill have to fix that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ9fcbPldVM

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Aug 9, 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added video
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

What are your mods?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Just whatever you see in the pics!, nothing done to the motor yet! All the work i do myself i just enjoy working on it. The eyelids are painted on, i painted the refector housing in the headlights, 8k H.I.D low and 55w halo high, i re-wired the blinkers and the parking lights so that the original blinkers in the front are now the parking lights with 3k yellow H.I.Ds in them, Prosport gauges (oil pressure, volts) Sunpro boost/vac gauge, Carbon fiber pedals, EVO8 wing, EVO8 VG, 20% tint all the way around, painted original OZ rims, Tinted tails, HKS exhaust can, Rally Armor mud flaps, I want to make it look more rally style! any suggestions?!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

I would've tinted the clear reverse lights on your tails before the red. It stands out more on a dark car...

I'd say an evo steering wheel would look good, and a small drop couldn't hurt, even with your "rally" style

What kind of muffler is that? I love the angle and how it sits against the bumper. Has it burned any paint?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

^^ Thanks for the suggestions man, i was going to tint the clear but i actually like the way it stands out, it compliments the clear side markers! An evo steering wheel would look great, ill have to see if i can get my hands on one. Im prob going to get springs of some sort to drop it a little bit in the future. Its an HKS muffler, it looks so aggressive from the angle and how it sits i love it! I actually had to cut the bumper wider for the exhaust and custom make a heat sheild for it so it wouldnt melt the bumper, ill snap some pics in a bit and put them up!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 08:42 PM

Looks good i really like the Rally Armor mud flaps.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 01:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks good, i like how you did the tailights
i would suggest gettin a set of foglight to get that "rally" look
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the comments guys! The rally armor mudflaps are awesome, makes the car look more wide and more aggressive! Yeah im thinking about getting the accord coupe fogs? the ones you have to trim a little bit to get them to fit in, not sure what year the accord fogs were, but yeah ill be getting some fogs pretty soon and ill update the pics! I love how the tails came out, its very different, most people tint all of it, or just tape the clear part off and tint the rest. I like the look of the slanted reflectors, also this way people can still see the reflectors at night! More pics:

^^^ i hate the stock grill...wanna get the ralliart

Last edited by Mitsu.kid.02; Jun 30, 2010 at 05:32 AM. Reason: More pics
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good man, I'm not a fan of ti tinted taillights but she looks good.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidmitsusrock
Looks good man, I'm not a fan of ti tinted taillights but she looks good.
Thanks man, yeah i wasnt much of a fan of them either, all my friends had them tinted and i always like to be different from the majority of the crowd, so i was like eh.. not feelin the tint much either. But then i came up with the idea to mask off the clear at the bottom for the reverse and the directionals, and mask off the reflectors and keep those red, its different!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

If you want the rally look I might suggest a light bar such as mine. It is from Rally Innovations. The bar is for an Evolution, but with a little work it fits the base Lancer great.

Old Jul 8, 2010, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

im not a big fan of the evo wing on base lancers but its definitely in progress! i say wider wheels, meatier tires, coilovers, etc. baileys lancer is a good example!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

ZBAILEY129- Your car looks sick man!! deff has the rally look to it, i like that alot!

CADILUVA- Yes, i understand some people dont like the big wing on the lancer, but i chose to put it on because i think it gives it a nice stance, especialy when i lower it a little bit! Wider wheels would looks sick, ill deff take this into consideration! Coilovers are pricy so i got a spring/ strut combo instead for the time being! But i will most likely save up for the full coilover set!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

that video was difficult to watch... you couldn't see anything through all those filters and the lack of sound didn't help
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WangMan
that video was difficult to watch... you couldn't see anything through all those filters and the lack of sound didn't help
Ya did i mention that was my first time using windows movie maker? i have no idea why the sound wont work, it works fine when i play it on my comp! ill have to mess with it!

Quick Reply: My 02' OZ rally in the works