Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

02 OZ Rally

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 OZ Rally

Got this car a few months ago in April. Prior salvage title but all in all i was satisfied with the purchase. Mostly stock other then a few things.

-Universal fog light kit. (Not Eye appealing to me but they are super bright)
-Led dome light and Side markers were blue leds. (illegal where I live) Changed them right away.
-Short ram Intake
-Rockford Fosgate Speakers (no amp)
-Code Alarm Remote start (manual transmission) I only use this for the extra two fobs for keyless entry. Wouldn't recommend the Remote start because you have to set it up each time you are in your car for the next time you use it.
-Tail lights are more of the euro style black
-Head lights were also changed. Has a darker background look to them.

I have done other things in the past few months but ill post those when I take Pictures of everything Tomorrow or Friday. I know everyone wants pic
Here are the only 2 pics I took since it was April with a ton of snow!

At work during the day Before I brushed my car off.

After I got off Work with even more!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol how about some pictures where we can see the car

Loving all the new lancer owners signing up to the forums lately keep it up!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by eusgen
I couldn't agree more.

Need some more pictures whenever all that snow melts.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:55 AM

The first thing I noticed about the car was that the sound of the speakers was poor quality. Since the stereo was stock I figured the speakers were too so I went to wally world and picked up this Kenwood Stereo.

After that the quality was a little better but still not what I wanted. Thats when I looked at the speakers in the rear and took the front doors apart and found out that there were Rockford Fosgate speaker Installed by the previous owner.

Since they are rated at 55rms I would have to get a 4 channel amp to get the sound that I wanted. So I went to best buy and picked up this Alpine Apm.

The Stereo and amp install I did was an okay job. My plan is to hide more of the wires later when I put this sub and amp in.

This was in my previous car. Kenwood amp and a Pioneer premier sub. It will be running at 900rms. So I will need to buy a capacitor and other stuff to do this install.

More Picks will come of the outside soon.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 09:28 PM

Awesome!! Going to pick my lancer up tommorrow just bought it!!!!!
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:20 AM

My parents are gone for a week so I stopped by and took some more pictures. There garage has nice lighting but this computer is super slow. So hopefully this post will... well post I guess.

To start out these 5 pics are of the outside. You'll see the tail lights and head lights the previous owner installed. The guy I bought it from said they use to have window tint on it but he ripped it off just before he sold it to me. But I did notice that the back window still has tint. I'm guessing 35%. I don't like chrome on our cars so I tried a rattle can on the grill. Starting to peal and chip already. I plan on getting the one from rrm but for now ill be plasti dipping it until i buy the new one. As for the mudflaps I just got those last week on ebay. They are Rokblokz and installed easily. Would recommend getting better bolts to attached them though.

I was informed before I purchased but due to It being a prior salvage title the frame is bent. The guy told me (have yet to confirm at a shop) that the alignment is still great though. Haven't noticed any problems driving yet. These 2 pictures show the front passenger door being a bit bent in comparison to the driver door.

Under the hood and car. SRI was from previous owner. Not sure what brand it is but the filter is the spectre I think. I would like to replace it due to some of the filter wires are broken. As for the exhaust manifold area I ended up 3 weeks after puchasing the car getting an engine code to replace my front catalytic converter. After some research on the web and in these forums I ended up getting the 4-2-1 ebay headers and the srs catback. The Silencer on the cat back seemed like it didn't work. After taking it out there was hardly any difference in sound. In my opinion it sounds great. But on longer trips it gets annoying and I also don't want to get pulled over for it. So I plan on getting a resonator of some sort to make it less annoying. Hoping to put it right where the red arrows are. Any suggestions on what would be best?

As for the fog lights and the side marker light I did some rearranging. I moved a little muti color changing led light that was inside the fog lights into my car since you cant have them on the outside where I live. Those leds are under the A/C control (in Yellow Box) The previous owner had a hole in that compartment for something... idk. The blue led side marker lights I moved them to where the red out line boxes are. There are two bulbs. You can see how big they are in comparison to the cig lighter. Personally To many led lights looks trashy. Thats where I'm at right now. So I plan on moving The side marker lights in my trunk after I install the sub and amp.

Heres what came with the code alarm electric start. The two extra keyless entry fobs are nice. As for the wires that look like a bowl of noodles... um ya i know I saw a code alarm logo somewhere at some point. So im sure that the previous owner had fun installing that.

Also I tinted the side markers.

Feel free to tell your opinion on things and I also like suggestions. I am new to doing any work to a car. Before I got this car In april the only thing I have done to cars Is some audio. Not even an oil change or putting a spare tire on. I guess things change when you get a Car that you wanted instead of needed.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Stanc3dLancer
Awesome!! Going to pick my lancer up tommorrow just bought it!!!!!
I remember that day. Used my entire break at work to go pick mine up.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:27 AM

lol how about some pictures where we can see the car

Originally Posted by Avirex
I couldn't agree more.

Need some more pictures whenever all that snow melts.
Pics Uploaded.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Plasti dip the wheels and grill and you will be very happy

Does the remote start work? I didn't even realize they made ones for manual transmissions.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:33 AM

They do make auto starters for manuals. I have one in my lancer, love it. You just have to find a autostarter that is designed for a manual and a shop that will put it in. The only thing is, in order to turn the auto-starter on, is you have to do a series of things when turning the car off to allow the car to auto start the next time. Seems like a pain at first but it's so natural now for me to do it, i don't notice it anymore.

I love the pics so far, keep em' coming. As Eusgen will tell you, you can't upload enough pictures on here. Oh, and you have to take WIP photos of any work you do.

In the way of mods, hm......I say some gauges, they are relatively cheap depending on which ones you get, and they are super easy to install. Plus they look pimp.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:13 AM

Plasti dip the wheels and grill and you will be very happy

Does the remote start work? I didn't even realize they made ones for manual transmissions.
Got four cans in my garage waiting to be sprayed on the wheels. I love how your center caps turned out. My caps seem to have worn down so I don't think the razor blade trick would work. My remote start does work. But like Averix said its a pain to set it up each time you leave your car. I guess I could try to get use to that.

Originally Posted by Avirex
They do make auto starters for manuals. I have one in my lancer, love it. You just have to find a autostarter that is designed for a manual and a shop that will put it in. The only thing is, in order to turn the auto-starter on, is you have to do a series of things when turning the car off to allow the car to auto start the next time. Seems like a pain at first but it's so natural now for me to do it, i don't notice it anymore.

I love the pics so far, keep em' coming. As Eusgen will tell you, you can't upload enough pictures on here. Oh, and you have to take WIP photos of any work you do.

In the way of mods, hm......I say some gauges, they are relatively cheap depending on which ones you get, and they are super easy to install. Plus they look pimp.
I saw the glow shift site and I'd have to say not only do they look nice but I didn't realize how easy it really would be to install. This is now a must. On Ebay it's 150 for the pillar and 3 gauges.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-06-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Triple-Gauge-Pod-52mm-w-3-Tinted-7-Gauges-Package-/350565995935?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ALancer&hash=item519f5c959f
I think that would be my best option. As for gauges I know I would get a voltage one for sure. As for a vacuum gauge, would the Boost/Vacuum gauge still work without turbo? Im guessing yes it just would't read boost. Figure its better to get the Boost/vacuum when/if I ever go turbo. (years from now) Plus if It says boost on the gauge then i'll think im getting more hp As for the third gauge im not really sure what to get. The Clock would be ultra easy and since the stock clock is so hard to see in the daylight. What would be the most useful for non-turbo?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

oil pressure is always handy, with all the custom wiring I have done the volt gauge has saved me more than once hehe

oh and as for the center caps, take them off the wheels and as you do each coat of dip use the razor blade to remove the thin layer (while it is still relatively wet) and it will come out great, it takes a bit of time and patience but it is totally worth it.

and be careful of glowshifts pillar quality, I am not sure if they expect you to use it as the pillar by itself or overlay it over your existing pillar. But if you try to overlay it on the existing pillar (for me at least) it didnt fit properly and I didn't like the fitment, still trying to figure out how I am going to mount mine lol...

Last edited by eusgen; Jul 21, 2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old May 18, 2014, 05:19 PM

So I ended up Plasti Dipping my wheels last summer and also found some opened unused blue lugs for 20 bucks on ebay.

Later on in the fall i got a cedia style grill on sale for 109. Thats the cheapest i can find brand new. Got it from Cmod on bonanza.com and its Made out of fiberglass. Looking to buy one then just go to bonanza.com and search Cedia.... im sure the price will go up and down as it has been.

Painted my Calipers, changed brake pads, installed drilled and slotted rotors, and bled the brakes this weekend. Glad summer is almost back. I still have winter tires on so im going to be buying tires and or wheels soon.
My plan is to get XXR 535 16x8 and paint those white with yokohamas. Depending on my budget at the time though. According to UPS my BC coilovers will be coming tomorrow So i will more then likely be on here again soon.
Old May 20, 2014, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice! I like how this is coming along. I'm planning to get the BC racing coils, I'm interested to see how they work out for you. Also, what offset are your wheels?
Old May 20, 2014, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by SilentCool
Nice! I like how this is coming along. I'm planning to get the BC racing coils, I'm interested to see how they work out for you. Also, what offset are your wheels?
Stock OZ wheels. +46 offset i believe.

BC came in the mail today. I only was able to install the front ones because one of the bolts is stuck in the bushing its in. Imma have to figure somthing out. As for all the other bolts and nuts that were stuck a little spray of some PB blaster and they came off easy.

I have the front coils set to the hardest setting and its a little bumpy but not as much as i thought it would be. but keep in mind i have stock struts in the back.

Pics will come when I get the rear installed... so hopefully soon.

Quick Reply: 02 OZ Rally