Notices

fog lights rewired??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2005, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fog lights rewired??

I am trying to re-wire my foglights so that i do not have to have the headlights on in order to use the foglights. there is no relay for the fog lights otherwise i would have just grounded that. Anyone have any suggestions for me??? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i asked this question before too... but i was just lead to the eclipse forums. because sumones done it there. so go to an eclipse forum and search. (=.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 04:36 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Nobody has yet tried the Eclipse fix on a Ralliart. I am pretty positive that it'll work, but I'm also pretty sure that the wire colors are different, so you'll need a wiring diagram to pull it off.

The fix basically involves splicing the fog light ground into the parking light ground, so whenever the parking lights are on, the fog lights are on.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by otter
Nobody has yet tried the Eclipse fix on a Ralliart. I am pretty positive that it'll work, but I'm also pretty sure that the wire colors are different, so you'll need a wiring diagram to pull it off.

The fix basically involves splicing the fog light ground into the parking light ground, so whenever the parking lights are on, the fog lights are on.
Here's the diagram and the relay location
Attached Thumbnails fog lights rewired??-fog_wiring.gif   fog lights rewired??-fog_relay.gif  
Old Feb 10, 2005, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
Here's the diagram and the relay location
Hey....were's the pic...post please....this is my next project
Old Feb 11, 2005, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

thanks
Old Feb 25, 2005, 02:15 PM

thanks for the info, but i just want to be able to turn the fog lights on whenever i want to, regardless if there are any other lights on or not. could this be possible if i just re-ran the power to the accessory power, the grounded the foglights to the body? or is that totally off?
Old Feb 25, 2005, 05:24 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by redralliart04
thanks for the info, but i just want to be able to turn the fog lights on whenever i want to, regardless if there are any other lights on or not. could this be possible if i just re-ran the power to the accessory power, the grounded the foglights to the body? or is that totally off?
You'd have to wire the fogs to an ACC ground (so they didn't stay on when you turn the car off) then wire a switch into that ground and put it somewhere in the cab. Basically, do the same thing as you would with the mod above, just instead of using the parking light ground, use an ACC ground. I don't know how fuses would handle all that. Other option is to ground the fogs directly to the body, then install a switch, and hope you don't forget to turn them off when you leave the car.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:27 PM

Ok i am completely electricaly chalanged can any one tell me how to do this in "Travis is a moron" terms or directions. Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

What about this: wiring the fog lights to act like daytime running lights when the light switch is on 'off' or 'parking lights', and to turn off when it is in 'short beams'? Is this possible? Would I be able to turn the foglights on/off with the foglight button when the short beams are on?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bordelon333
Ok i am completely electricaly chalanged can any one tell me how to do this in "Travis is a moron" terms or directions. Thanks
Either get someone else to do it, or don't bother at all. This isn't for the electrically challenged, you can damage yourself and your car if you do something wrong.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 04:58 PM

Why thank you for the warning
Old Jul 4, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Question

-

Okay guys, I give up... I see the actual fog lights on the diagram and how the circuit is closed by the switch, I see the dash board bulb in parallel with the fog lights circuit... but I don't get the part where a relay goes to the ECU. Is that relay a physical part of the switch???

What shuts the fog lights off? Can I just cut the wire from the relay box to the fog light relay so that the fog lights come on and off only when I want to?

Anyway, if someone can fill in the blanks, I promise I'll write an "how to" with pics when I do that mod...

-
Old Jul 5, 2005, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

I already tried it and fried the ecu. I was going off my friend rx-8 who also did this but no luck.

From my understanding the relay is in the ecu... i think it is one of those box thingies ( I have no idea what those are called) and the wires go in and come out of the bottom of the ecu.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been thinking about giving this a shot lately. The way the fogs turn off with the headlight switch, but don't come back on with it annoys the hell out of me.

If I do it, I'll post up how I did.

Quick Reply: fog lights rewired??