Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Switch-a-Roo: LP Trunk and Bumper... (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Switch-a-Roo: LP Trunk and Bumper... (PICS)

Ok, I suck @ PS... so I called my lil brother and asked for his help, he threw these together real quick for refrence only, there not meant to be EXACT or ARTISTIC. My thing is, could a bodykit company sell a bumper like this for the o4+ lancer? So we can relocate the LP to the back bumper like the o2-o3 lancer es/oz/ls?

What do you think, yeh or neh?
Attached Thumbnails Switch-a-Roo: LP Trunk and Bumper... (PICS)-blkralliart1.jpg   Switch-a-Roo: LP Trunk and Bumper... (PICS)-rasilver1.jpg   Switch-a-Roo: LP Trunk and Bumper... (PICS)-whitera1.jpg  
Old May 27, 2005, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Ok, I suck @ PS... so I called my lil brother and asked for his help, he threw these together real quick for refrence only, there not meant to be EXACT or ARTISTIC. My thing is, could a bodykit company sell a bumper like this for the o4+ lancer? So we can relocate the LP to the back bumper like the o2-o3 lancer es/oz/ls?

What do you think, yeh or neh?
I'd say neh... only reason being there's a big empty slot now on your trunk.
Old May 27, 2005, 12:07 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
You could modify an existing body kit to have an indentation for a plate in the rear bumper. Just a bit of DIY fiberglass and body filler work.

The trick is either finding someone to make a trunk without the hole, or taking a shot at customizing your trunk. Probably involve sanding the whole thing down to metal, bending and cutting a piece of sheet metal to fit the hole, welding it in, then body filler + paint. Someone who's confident with doing custom metal work like that could probably do it in a weekend.
Old May 27, 2005, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

I think it looks okay, having the lp down there, but yah, like otter said, you'd seriously have to mod the trunk as well. doesn't look that good with that open spot there.

peeps are discussing this actually in the cf trunk poll here. evo style, 02-03 style, etc. type trunks, wondering which would look best.
Old May 27, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
You could modify an existing body kit to have an indentation for a plate in the rear bumper. Just a bit of DIY fiberglass and body filler work.

The trick is either finding someone to make a trunk without the hole, or taking a shot at customizing your trunk. Probably involve sanding the whole thing down to metal, bending and cutting a piece of sheet metal to fit the hole, welding it in, then body filler + paint. Someone who's confident with doing custom metal work like that could probably do it in a weekend.
FMI, just stick how it look like now. As for the custom fabrication, it would take a lot of work and labor and probably will cost you around $500 or more in the shop. Trust me, I am auto body person. But if you are planning to do as DIY, then go for it. It would be alot cheaper if a company make rear end kit for you guys (02-03 style).

Last edited by AznFlip; May 27, 2005 at 10:50 PM.
Old May 29, 2005, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

looks good
Old May 29, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Far as that empty space goes, it's not that big of a deal. If you really want... you could just get that CF LP overlay to cover it up...
Old May 29, 2005, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

I don't like it much. I prefer the plate on the trunk.