Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Upgraded Stereo??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2004, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
np np , just as a heads up to all, if you changing out you deck the ground is really odd. it's built into the antenna and uses a grounding clip of some sort
Old Feb 27, 2004, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

I listened to it and it sounds good to me. It is nice and clean. Too bad I can't get it for the evo.....I guess custom enclosure is where I may have to go
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

Is the sub powered off the amp under the drivers seat, or does it have a built in amp? I am in the process of replacing the deck and adding two alpine v-12 amps. for now i don't have enough cash to get a new sub and was thinking about keeping the stock one for a few months.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 04:26 AM

i belive the sub will have it's own amp. i know in cars like the camaros and my expedition the subs had their own amps.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

I think that the amp is 5 channel, and powers everything. But, since the head unit gets so hot after playing a while, they might have an upgraded amp in the head and the amp under the seat for the sub. Who knows....just wish Mitsu or Infinity would be nice and give up some info on this system.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:28 AM

if it is a five channel amp thats suprising from infinity. let me do some reserch in to this and see if i can find anything out.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

I tore my car apart last night and only found two wires going to the sub. so it seems that the amp powers the sub. i have been trying to decipher the pinout on the wiring harness, so i can use my deck to run the stock speakers untill i fab up a shelf in the trunk for my amps. i also noticed that the tweeters have thier own wires coming out of the amp. i was hoping that they hit some kind of external crossover.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:36 PM

are you doing a hardwire on your car or did you go out and get the mitsi kit. when i put my kenwood in i just used a metra kit and didn't have to use an amp wire. granted i don't have the bigger system but if you do then just connect the remote lead wire on the harness to you deck and your good to go. if you have a 2 ohm speaker load you might have a problem. if it is a 2 ohm load then unforunalty it is set up like a bose system where you have to rewire everything and replace everything.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

i bought the harness for the deck and it works fine. the problem that i am having is that the stock infinity amp has a unique DIN cable for audio input. I am trying to figure out the amp output wiring scheme in order to run the deck speaker outputs to my stock speakers for a temporary hookup. i think i have i figured out, but if any one knows where to get a wiring schematic any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by chucko_66; Mar 2, 2004 at 02:52 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 08:21 AM

DEI might be able to help but you need an installer who has access to there site, i forgot chrysler and mits used that stupid bus cable my bad. i honestly don't think you can. if you figure some thing out let me know please
Old Mar 3, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

din to RCA converter

http://www.soundgate.com/products/factory/mit.htm

I saw this link awhile ago to convert the din into RCA's. I checked the vendor list for my area and called a couple of them. So far all i get is a bunch of "I dunno".
I mapped out the amps wiring harness and i am just going to cut it out(leaving enough wire to re-splice it just in case) and run wire to it from my amps. i was going to wait till i had all my options figured out, but i hate waiting
Old Mar 3, 2004, 09:10 AM

dude don't cut that bus cable man, if you do your looking 8 to 12 wires to re connect and i have no clue what color does what
Old Mar 3, 2004, 09:13 AM

the last eclipse i did an install on had the same set up and we just by passed the factory amp. it's really easy to do, just figure out which wires coming out of the amp go to you speakers, t-tap them and new speaker wire and then shut your amp off. thats the best way i can suggest with out actully seeing the car and the amp set up.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

i have unplugged the stock amp and ran wires from my Alpine amp and tapped into the wiring harness off the stock amp. the wiring was easy to figure out. It helps being an electrician. If anyone wants to know the pin out let me know. Now I have to wait till tomorrow to finish hooking up the power wire. Once the install is complete i will get some pics posted .
i was going to wait to hook up my amps, but my roommate and i leave for canada tomorrow afternoon to go skiing. hate to drive all that way with no tunes.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 05:53 AM

how do you post pics in here i have a decent shot of my deck i wanted to throw up and have pics of sat. radio coming soon

Quick Reply: Upgraded Stereo??