Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

RIPP supercharger

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RIPP supercharger

I'm thinking about getting the RIPP supercharger kit, but haven't found anyone mention anything about it yet.

Anyone who has installed the RIPP supercharger system, or knows a lot about it, please reply and let me know what you think, and if a turbo system like from RRM would be better.

thanks,
Sam
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

RRM turbo most definatly. from the research ive done the supercharger is not the best bang for your buck
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any Ralliart owners that may have the RIPP system don't get on here or don't post much. Don't see how it could be all bad, but there is great support for the RRM turbo kit here. Rob @ RRM is the man when it comes to aftermarket FI.
You might be able to search on here and find those old "discussion" threads if they weren't removed.

On another note.....
Someone tried a homebrew SC once, and turned his RA into a BBQ pit. So if you go that route, get a kit.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

is the RIPP SC still for sale?
tought the company closed after a customer exploded with his supercharged car
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by snakoil
I seem to remember the story went something like this: the kit was on the guy's car but there was an issue with a fuel line bursting, subsequently causing a fire in his engine bay. Apparently the failure was linked to a poor install, not necessarily the quality of the kit...FWIW.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Do you have an automatic or manual transmission?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snakoil
Originally Posted by BlackRaven
I seem to remember the story went something like this: the kit was on the guy's car but there was an issue with a fuel line bursting, subsequently causing a fire in his engine bay. Apparently the failure was linked to a poor install, not necessarily the quality of the kit...FWIW.
Not positive, but I believe that was a DIY kit, and not the RIPP kit. I could be wrong, though.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ridenrunwv
Do you have an automatic or manual transmission?
I have a manual transmission. and I was looking at the supercharger kit because it's cheaper, and being a SC it offers power across the entire RPM spectrum.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
I used to be a RIPP Modifacation customer I haven't done business with them since my civic was stolen and I bought an evo. But I do know Ross(owner) personally I can't really comment on the quality of intall as I never had any issues with my turbo civic. I would suggest you call RIPP ask to speak to Ross about it. As I remember the SC kit in the Eclipes, Stratus, and galants were fine only draw back was front wheel drive.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Found it...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...r-project.html

This was the "demise" thread. It was the RIPP kit, but not installed by them. From one of the other threads regarding akinakin's install of the kit, the RIPP "black box" controller was a smt-6 (which I guess DangerousDan tried to get a smt-6 working on the RA with limited success...).

Just a thought...if hackish is able to iron out the FI tune for his reflash...perhaps the RIPP SC hardware (blower) could be used in conjunction with the reflash to drive 4 larger injectors, thus bypassing the need for supplemental injectors or the shortcomings of the smt-6 on the RA. That'd be fun
Old Jun 5, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hahaha i remember that thread. and i remember that guy akinakin. All im going to say is he had what was going to him. he was a troublemaker
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlackRaven
Found it...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...r-project.html

This was the "demise" thread. It was the RIPP kit, but not installed by them. From one of the other threads regarding akinakin's install of the kit, the RIPP "black box" controller was a smt-6 (which I guess DangerousDan tried to get a smt-6 working on the RA with limited success...).

Just a thought...if hackish is able to iron out the FI tune for his reflash...perhaps the RIPP SC hardware (blower) could be used in conjunction with the reflash to drive 4 larger injectors, thus bypassing the need for supplemental injectors or the shortcomings of the smt-6 on the RA. That'd be fun
IIRC, you can use 4 WRX injectors, eliminating the need for the 5th injector (which I always found weird).

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
hahaha i remember that thread. and i remember that guy akinakin. All im going to say is he had what was going to him. he was a troublemaker
What? And you're not?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Eclipse2Lancer
IIRC, you can use 4 WRX injectors, eliminating the need for the 5th injector (which I always found weird).

What? And you're not?

hehehe... i try my best.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you have an automatic Ralliart then I would consider the supercharger but if it is a manual I don't know why you wouldn't go with a turbo set up. Just my personal opinion though.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Im thinking turbo because of the tuning capabilities. But the vid on youtube shows that the ralli art with the ripp pushed 307whp and ran a 14 flat 1/4. Which is not bad for an automatic that all it has is their sc kit. I think the rrm kit with all of their goodies (cam,im,head, etc) would be pretty bad *** and if you have an auto build up the tranny a little and call it a day. I would be a damn good sleeper I would say either route you go.

Quick Reply: RIPP supercharger