Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

PSI/Aftershock NA project dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KreepaEvoX
That RIPP one looks really good until it gets to the downpipe part...what with all that bending

RRMs has a bit of akward bending on the downpipe too, but not as pronounced

I dont remember RPWs design but it was close to that RIPP one, at least the header part

That last one is not for RA, check the bolt patterns
yep, the RIPP has all those bendings, because the eclipse sucks, hehehehe

and yes, that last one, its not for RA, I just pick the picture from RPW, i didnt notice that when I post it, Too late ...

now that I remember I think the RPW looks like blue or something like that, its not crome..., anyway its almost that one...
Old Mar 9, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I totally agree that a bad header, especially a badly designed 4-1 header can lose horsepower.

And the last photo, is from the RPW website but is not the actual photo of the 4G69 header we made.

RPW spent considerable time developing the header for hte lancer, which is why we made two different diameter pipes a 41 and 44mm pipe for torque / max hp setups.

We recently did a lancer automotic and without tuning picked up in excess of 30hp at the wheels with intake, exhaust and headers only. Here is a link on that information.

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...=193&Itemid=40

And of course, for those that didn't know about it the first true in depth research into what mods work on the vehicle

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...d=96&Itemid=40

And for those intereted, the PS/Aftershock setup is using a Haltech Miniceptor computer and in the future a RPW camshaft package.

Good to see some firms stepping up to the plate and providing detailed information for a change
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, i think this topic Die a few weeks ago...

BTW: i still have the same opinion, there's not a good header for the 4g69, just "mediocre" ones that cost 6 times more than what it cost to make it...