Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Tranny problem -> tranny conversion?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Tranny problem -> tranny conversion?

hey guys today I was driving and I realized that my transmission was going. it feels like my car was struggling while driving. when I got home I checked my fluids and they all seemed good. motor and transmission , I did a little further diagnostic. and drove up and down my street going through gears ( in a automatic ) and my transmission was slipping like crazy and clunking hard into gears causing the car to jerk around. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone? if this is a dead cause I was thinking about just converting my ralliart to manual and being the first manual sportback in Canada. as I could get a scraped manual one in my area as there are a couple going for cheap. any input would be great guys thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When was the last time the fluid was changed? I would change the fluid first before spending money on a manual swap unless you have the money and want to do the swap
Old Mar 16, 2014, 03:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
When was the last time the fluid was changed? I would change the fluid first before spending money on a manual swap unless you have the money and want to do the swap
Last time I changed it was roughly 30k ago. I believe its due every 40k or so thats why im concerned. I was also thinking of getting a transmission cooler as well because it seems do do it more when the transmission starts to warm up
Old Mar 16, 2014, 06:18 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Changing/ inspecting the fluid would be a good start. As do the manual swap it can be done buys not as straightforward as alot of people think it is.