Notices

Interesting Experiance @ the dealership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2005, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Experiance @ the dealership

Hey guys. This was a few months back before I got my ralliart, I just thought i'd share and see what other interesting stories people have. Before I got my RA I was always interested in buying one once they came out. I'm from canada, but was visiting my cousing in New Jersey Him and I decided to go to this dealership in NJ and test drive a Ralliart. So we get there and we're checking out this evo at the lot and the salesman comes out and starts talking to us. We told him we were looking to test drive a ralliart. First the salesman told us they had no Ralliarts to test drive. After talking to him some more he says, let me check in the back lot maybe we have an RA there. They did. So he told us he'd bring it out for us to test drive it. So after about 20mins since we got to the dealer we get the car. But guess what. He did not bring an RA, he just got an OZ RAlly. At this point I'm kinda pissed cause we've wasted so much time. My cousin still wanted to test drive the OZ Rally to see how that one is. So we got in the car. We told him about the fact that it's not an RA. And the guy told us that there is no difference, the only difference between the 2 is cosmetic difference. I just about laughed in the guys face because he was so dumb. That was the dumbest salesman I met. He wasted 40mins of our time and we did not even get to drive the RA. Once we got the OZ Rally to the dealer I asked him again about the RA vs OZ RAlly, told him "don't they have completely different engine?" wanted to see if they guy would say something smart. He said "No!". We walked away laughing. So that was my experiance.

Sorry for such a long story. Post yours here. Will be fun to read, thanks.

PS: got my 05' Silver RA and love it.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

lol....some people just dont know what they are selling
Old Apr 1, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wouldn't buy from a salesman who didn't know his own product.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 03:23 PM
Account Disabled

most of em dont... ****in idiots... i should work at mitsu...
Old Apr 1, 2005, 03:29 PM

dumbass! i've come across salesman that are like that. complete morons.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats when u talk to the manager and get the salesmen taken off the lot and sent back to flippping burgers
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

That's so sad... I wonder if he was tryin' to play stupid and rip you off or if he was really that dumb. Or both.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

well, you should have asked him what the difference was between an OZ an RA and and EVO was to see what he'd say. He'd prolly say that the EVO has the 2.4 litre MIVEC
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:24 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Remember folks, salesman are paid to sell cars, not research them The average consumer isn't into the stuff we're in (performance, power, modding, the details). The salesman learn just enough to convince someone that they need to spend the extra money for the better model.

My salesman was really cool. Before I bought my car from him we talked for awhile and I was kind enough to teach him about the car he was going to sell me, and he was actually asking me questions.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

I apply a written quiz every 15 days to all my salesmen with different questions about specs and prices, then I get them one at a time to show me some specific part or function of every car in person, every wrong answer cost them 2% of their paycheck... belive me they get to know the cars!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:27 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MITSU-DEALER
I apply a written quiz every 15 days to all my salesmen with different questions about specs and prices, then I get them one at a time to show me some specific part or function of every car in person, every wrong answer cost them 2% of their paycheck... belive me they get to know the cars!
You should hold a weekend seminar for all North American Mitsu dealership managers. Teach them your ways.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

well i used to sell Ford's and we had to know pretty much everything about every model of mustang just so we can know information for when the gearheads showed up.

also we had to know everything about our f-series trucks because real truck people have to speak with a salesman that knows the product. granted, they'll still buy the truck, but not from you or your dealership. they'll go talk to someone that knows what he/shes talking about.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Wow that's hardcore! I wish more people were like that. And then again, knowing more than your dealer can be an advantage at times... but that's cool either way.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Thats because we all know about cars, but a lot of the people that come to the dealership (at least mine) knows little or nothing about cars, so thats makes the salesmen not to worry about learning in depth. But, in the other hand, a salesman who knows all details makes a excelent impression on a costumer and gives them enough confidence to buy from you, either if he knows a lot or nothing at all.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 05:48 PM
Account Disabled

woah, i've been selling mitsu's for 7 yrs now and i gotta be honest when i started i had a hard time learning every model and all the different packages that were available for each. now i find myself giving my customers a huge info overload and my fellow co-workers come to me when their customers need a walk-around!! i hope you give your rookies a little grace period b4 you start whacking their pay, and for those of you out there who have never sold cars b4 take it from me selling cars is NOT easy. that sales rep. should not have been anywhere near a customer! sorry for your poor expierence from all of us salesmen out there who do know what we are doing and a bump for you for not killing the guys lack of product knowledge

p.s. holy crap this is a really long post oops