Notices

Fix it ticket..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fix it ticket..

Hey guys,
I was traveling minding my own business, and I pulled up next to a cop while I was in the turning lane. Once I turned right onto another road he flashed his lights and followed me. I was just shifting in second gear when it happened. And bc I saw him I was easy on the gas, so Im sure he only pulled me over bc of the size of my Greddy Evo 2. He gave me a fix it ticket for $71.00. If I fix it, It will only be $7.00. I came so far with my performance set up,so Im not going to just go back to stock. So the money isnt the problem, Ill pay 70 dollars, and no points on my licenses. But if anybody has gotten out of this before, I would like to know your stories.

Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
go to city hall and ask for a copy of the statures on exhaust systems in Orlando...some cops did some similar thing to me and I got the stature and its said nothing about having aftermarket exhaust just that I had to have a cat and muffler...city my vary ...better yet stature # should be on the ticket .....and if it works on your side of things carry it along with you...hope it works out for you..

Last edited by lanzerralliart; Feb 11, 2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the advice, ill def. look into that. But I dont have a cat so that might cause some trouble for me.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

look into it..if its similar to what lanzer said..just add a hi flow
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:53 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RalliArtChink
Hey guys,
I was traveling minding my own business, and I pulled up next to a cop while I was in the turning lane. Once I turned right onto another road he flashed his lights and followed me. I was just shifting in second gear when it happened. And bc I saw him I was easy on the gas, so Im sure he only pulled me over bc of the size of my Greddy Evo 2. He gave me a fix it ticket for $71.00. If I fix it, It will only be $7.00. I came so far with my performance set up,so Im not going to just go back to stock. So the money isnt the problem, Ill pay 70 dollars, and no points on my licenses. But if anybody has gotten out of this before, I would like to know your stories.

Wouldn't the fix it ticket have on there what is to be fixed? How can you assume that he pulled you over because of the size of the Evo 2 exhaust?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

you can always get a copy of receipts for stock exhaust parts. thats what alot of people do around here.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

in md we just get repair orders for stuff like that and all i do is go to an inspection place, give the guy a little money and he signs off on it stating that i replaced the aftermarket part, but the way it sounds im guessing florida is a lot different. if you really dont want to take off the exhaust then just pay the fine in full. whatever your choice is good luck b/c i know how much of a pain cops can be with that stuff
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

thanks guys,
on the ticket itself it saids that I have a Modified Exhaust that is louder than stock.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

My guess is that the test pipe screwed you on that one. Get a cat and that should fix it.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

thanks guys,
on the ticket itself it saids that I have a Modified Exhaust that is louder than stock.
Did he test the decibel level of your exhaust. I am almost positive that there is set level that you can't go over. Look into this.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

He told me that he had the decibel meter as well as a tint meter on him. He said thats what he specializes in. But he didnt use it on me. He just got me for a aftermarket exhaust.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

That is bullsh!t then. If he is saying it is louder, he should have to provide you with a decibel level.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

He told me that he had the decibel meter as well as a tint meter on him. He said thats what he specializes in. But he didnt use it on me. He just got me for a aftermarket exhaust.

BS cops wit that stupid remark. Im pretty sure his ears are like superman where can calculate the decibel lvl of an exhaust - even though the greddy evo 2 isnt that loud unless ur WOT. Jus check to c ur state laws.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Well if i get a lawyer that might help. And pull the "he didnt use the decibel meter on me" and hope the court fees and lawyer fees dont exceed $71.00. But he might just come back and say, any kind of modifing of replacing the stock exhaust is illegal. But he didnt look at my cat, so am I safe there?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Well if i get a lawyer that might help. And pull the "he didnt use the decibel meter on me" and hope the court fees and lawyer fees dont exceed $71.00. But he might just come back and say, any kind of modifing of replacing the stock exhaust is illegal. But he didnt look at my cat, so am I safe there?
if you get a lawyer its just gonna cost more money and more headaches. you could probably just take it to court and fight the fact that he didnt use the decibel meter, it might be dismissed and you wont have to pay anything.

Quick Reply: Fix it ticket..