Notices

hey RRM

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many people ask me how much I paid for my Evo. And i always have to correct them, Its a Rallart. So I guess it would be nice for more people to reconize ours cars. I always look in Import mags and see Lancer 69-03 and ALL Evo parts. It be nice if more companies supported our cars.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fact that the current Ralliart is not as popular as it could have been is a direct result of Mitsu's failure to realize what they had and whom to market the car to. They completely missed the "target" with the Ralliart....mainly because they just didn't "shoot".
The Evo only became a semi-success as a niche car in the U.S. IMO because of a fluke appearance in a bad movie, and THIS FORUM.
Blame Mitsu for lack of widespread aftermarket support on the Ralliart.

Since the management change at the top, however....and the appearance of full marketing support for the complete upcoming Lancer line...it appears that future models are destined to gain a bit more aftermarket attention.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Are car is about to be phased out, and once it is let the whole world know they missed a golden opportunity! besides if one more person tells me i drive a POS OZ rally.....well you get the idea.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ralliart329
Are car is about to be phased out, and once it is let the whole world know they missed a golden opportunity! besides if one more person tells me i drive a POS OZ rally.....well you get the idea.
+++100000000 i cant count how many times someone is like oh yeah you drive the lancer right? or oh yeah thats that oz rally right? and if its not that its some idiot saying nice evo ....there are SOO many ways of telling our apart from the evo...if you behind me, i would have an evolution badge on the trunk, the license plate would be on the bumper, and the exhaust would look different. if your in front, psh lets seeee, the license plate would be offset, i wouldnt have fog lights, the hood would have a vent in it, my lights would be much brighter, and oh yeah id have a nice big front mount
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ralli04
+++100000000 i cant count how many times someone is like oh yeah you drive the lancer right? or oh yeah thats that oz rally right? and if its not that its some idiot saying nice evo ....there are SOO many ways of telling our apart from the evo...if you behind me, i would have an evolution badge on the trunk, the license plate would be on the bumper, and the exhaust would look different. if your in front, psh lets seeee, the license plate would be offset, i wouldnt have fog lights, the hood would have a vent in it, my lights would be much brighter, and oh yeah id have a nice big front mount

+1000000000 to that!!
hahaha but what im tired of are the EVO ppl hating on us
we look up to them *not really me but others* and they jst smash us like shyt.
well sorry if my income isnt enough to make EVO payments everymonth and that I dont ask mommy for money or have big income from military maybe 3-5 yrs from now when i have MORE than enough money but as of now this is all i can afford. Id rather buy a pretty qiuck car and have extra cash then struggle with cash makin my payments for an expensive frekin car. Dont get me wrong i love EVOs but SOME of the drivers out here jst need to get that ***** out thier butthole. Besides how many diff. looking evos do u see? most are stock or only have basic bolt ons. nothing big like what we see in mags. Some dont even kno how to tune it. you dont jst buy a FAST car and think you can race. its like a gun, anyone can shoot it but can you aim that b**ch?? Or like jumping in a drift car and think you can jst drift, ask any real drifter how it goes and they will tell u. BUt then there are the nice ones which i respect. but whatevers nothings gonna change. theres always gonna be 2 sides to everything.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eclipse2Lancer
The fact that the current Ralliart is not as popular as it could have been is a direct result of Mitsu's failure to realize what they had and whom to market the car to. They completely missed the "target" with the Ralliart....mainly because they just didn't "shoot".
The Evo only became a semi-success as a niche car in the U.S. IMO because of a fluke appearance in a bad movie, and THIS FORUM.
Blame Mitsu for lack of widespread aftermarket support on the Ralliart.

Since the management change at the top, however....and the appearance of full marketing support for the complete upcoming Lancer line...it appears that future models are destined to gain a bit more aftermarket attention.

You really think a majority of the people who bought Evos did so because they saw the car in F&F?
Old Mar 24, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I thought it was the release of Gran Turismo showing the American market these cars. and popularity grew and Mitsu of Japan decided to take a shot at it and what do ya know its a big hit and success along with subaru. Well at least I got this knowledge from Tech TV and watching "Icons" which featured GT series.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why dont all you guys take pictures of your cars and submit it to the "readers rides" section of the magiizines. get the ralliart name out there more.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

RalliBoy-
+1000000000 to that!!
hahaha but what im tired of are the EVO ppl hating on us
we look up to them *not really me but others* and they jst smash us like shyt.
well sorry if my income isnt enough to make EVO payments everymonth and that I dont ask mommy for money or have big income from military maybe 3-5 yrs from now when i have MORE than enough money but as of now this is all i can afford. Id rather buy a pretty qiuck car and have extra cash then struggle with cash makin my payments for an expensive frekin car. Dont get me wrong i love EVOs but SOME of the drivers out here jst need to get that ***** out thier butthole. Besides how many diff. looking evos do u see? most are stock or only have basic bolt ons. nothing big like what we see in mags. Some dont even kno how to tune it. you dont jst buy a FAST car and think you can race. its like a gun, anyone can shoot it but can you aim that b**ch?? Or like jumping in a drift car and think you can jst drift, ask any real drifter how it goes and they will tell u. BUt then there are the nice ones which i respect. but whatevers nothings gonna change. theres always gonna be 2 sides to everything.
+10000000000 dude, i mean i love the evo alot, its my favorite car...and i hate how there drivers always think there god gift to cars, if you think about it, our RAs have a bigger engine which means more potential to be better then our "Predisesor" the Evo...if it wasnt turboed it would only be a raced out looking ES...
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

but feel free to correct me if im wrong
Old Mar 24, 2007, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heartagram88
+10000000000 dude, i mean i love the evo alot, its my favorite car...and i hate how there drivers always think there god gift to cars, if you think about it, our RAs have a bigger engine which means more potential to be better then our "Predisesor" the Evo...if it wasnt turboed it would only be a raced out looking ES...
im AM very curious as to how much power that car would put out and how it would perform stock for stock against a RA if it didnt have that turbo...
Old Mar 25, 2007, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
isnt a stock evo running like 18 psi? thats alot of hp coming from the turbo, and not the motor. evo's will fall flat on there face if they didnt have a turbo.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 09:25 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
isnt a stock evo running like 18 psi? thats alot of hp coming from the turbo, and not the motor. evo's will fall flat on there face if they didnt have a turbo.
Exactly. Evos have low compression engines (8.5:1 I think?) Even with a tune the Evo would be a sloth without it's turbo. Think air-cooled Volkswagen bus slow.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by negativeB
You really think a majority of the people who bought Evos did so because they saw the car in F&F?
Not what I said, but it wouldn't surprise me if some people did that. I believe there are people dumb enough to do that.
That movie did raise awareness of the car to the average person who had never seen one. Gran Turismo did the same thing.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

oh my, boo hoo. I live in Canada.. NO EVOS IN CANADA. I wish I had the opportunity to have an evo. I'd still prefer my Ralliart to an Evo.. but only cause someday I want to be able to beat an evo

Quick Reply: hey RRM