Notices

hellpp!! 9007 HID --> H7 HID projectors??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm.. I don't have one, no, and finding a how to with an aftermarket light looks like it's a tough find as well.

You would have to have an antiflicker harness...

.... combined with a capacitor (or what some people call a 'canceller')...

... that wires 'in between' one of the bulb connector plugs (which lead to the h7 connectors).

What this does is constantly boost and/or supply a steady 12v to the headlights, which deletes (or "cancels") the 6v running the DRL's when the headlights are "off", this eliminates the strobing caused by an underfed ballast (really, it looks like a club light going off).

I've wrangled up a wiring diagram for an antiflicker harness with an h7 kit, outlined where the 'canceller' should go. Should look like this:

When it's wired properly, you'll have one unused plug (not what the diagram shows)

You can get an h7 antiflicker kit - both capacitor and wiring harness - and more info on this from xenonsupply here

Last edited by nerdbotSKRA; Apr 15, 2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:39 PM

Thanks for that!!

Just one question #4 where it says connect to stock connector do I connect it to the low beam connector in the projector housing and the connector from the housing to the stock connector?

this way I am assuming it will than control the HI Beams as well.

if you can follow that
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

With the headlights installed you would have already converted the wiring harness from 9007 to h7, with this being said the h7 then becomes the "factory" plug.

The stock h7 bulb base has two male prongs, and the connector is a rectangular plastic piece with two female connectors built in, slides and clips in much like a light socket.

What you do is feed those two male connectors (4) into the "factory" plug (or the connector that comes with the projector), you just need to know what is pos+ and neg-

If you have the depo headlights, I think mine are yellow+ and black neg- for the h7 connector. Just plug them in according (red-yellow, black-black).

Refer to Raikiri's photo on what it looks like when (4) is plugged in.

Originally Posted by Raikiri

edit - the hi-beams will be a whole separate thing on their own, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're doing an HID hi-beam as well (which I wouldn't recommend)

Last edited by nerdbotSKRA; Apr 15, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:56 PM

Yes thats what I was referring to.

I bought these projectors used off someone, but they are exactly the same as all of them on ebay.

The headlight wiring already converts the 9007 to H7 with 2 female connections that connect directly to the H7 bulb that is used inside the housing.

I think one is blue and one is black all I have to do is figure out which is which and than plug into that connection.

Thanks for the help much appreciated!

EDIT: it also looks in that picture that the connections are blue/black as well

Last edited by Phukit; Apr 15, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Black I believe 99% of the time is ground
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

idk if this has been said before, but inside of that bulb ont he back is a little metal clip. if you undo that you can take the bulb out and then replace it with the HID bulb. use the adapter that came with the new headlights and simply insert the HID kit in between the adapter and the bulb. I did this on my DEPO projectors. I'll take a pic tomorrow when its light out. mine are kind rigged right now. but they work. if you want HID high and low you'll need another set of balasts though.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 04:50 PM

does anyone know what the bulb sizes are beside the H7/H1 ?

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:20 AM

Ok me and electronic doesn't go together! I have the same problem, I want to order those Angel eye headlight on ebay but I don't want to order another HiD kit again, as mine cost 200$(Eurovision Premium) It has probably been said already, but can I just buy a h7 HiD replacement bulbs set and plug it on my 9007 kit? I read the previous posts, some says it can be done and others, no... That's where I'm losing it...
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

is your 9007 kit a dualbeam kit? where is has HIDs for high and lows? if not you probably could reuse the ballasts and just order the different bulbs but im not sure if the bulbs will come with the correct wiring to hook up to the car or ballast.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 05:53 PM

Old Apr 9, 2013, 05:54 PM

is your 9007 kit a dualbeam kit? where is has HIDs for high and lows? if not you probably could reuse the ballasts and just order the different bulbs but im not sure if the bulbs will come with the correct wiring to hook up to the car or ballast.
No, it is not a bi-xenon kit, my high beam are halogen.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

honestly why not just check out a kit from ddmtuning if money's an issue? they're on sale right now for a slim ballast kit and includes lifetime warranty if something happens.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

I just installed my ddmtuning hid kit this weekend in my depo projectors. Can't beat them for the money. The only thing that sucks is that they ship from China and delivery took about 3 weeks...
Old Apr 14, 2013, 09:11 PM

honestly why not just check out a kit from ddmtuning if money's an issue? they're on sale right now for a slim ballast kit and includes lifetime warranty if something happens.
The thing is that I had flicker problem with a previous 100$ kit. I know for sure that the kit I currently have is good. If I go with another, I may have the same issue as before and I certainly don't want that, it will be so much trouble for a *amn Hid kit!
Anyway, i'm currently trying to contact the manufacturer throught their website to see if anything is possible, asking the shop where I bought it, ,looking in forums...

Having to buy a new kit, it will cost 500$ for everything, which is a new kit, the angel eye headlight and the instalation to have the 5 years warranty, so I think i'll pass that option if that's the only solution lol and go back again with asking people with the exact same car as I do: '' Where you bought your kit, how long you have it, any problems with it?'' And I got ddmtuning from you guys so i'll keep that in mind.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

ic. well whatever gives you piece of mind. i've been running the ddm kit so far without any flickering issues for about a year or so now?

i think one of the ballasts are going on me cause upon startup it would turn on then off but i just turn off my headlight switch and back on and then the bulb stays lit afterwards so i mean. im running the angel headlights with the kit so far with no issues.

Quick Reply: hellpp!! 9007 HID --> H7 HID projectors??