Notices

well she back.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well she back.

After 4 yrs in my garage. I finally decided to fix her, put in slave & master cylinder. Tranny will make this noise. Call a friend of my wife family that used a Mitsubishi motor in a old Datson with turbo. He came to my house & turn it on, he told me it isn't supposed to make the noise. He check & showed me the gap it had between the tranny & motor. He took it today put in new bolts. She finally done. Drove her today no problem. Tomorrow putting ins. & tags.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jokiesmurf
After 4 yrs in my garage. I finally decided to fix her, put in slave & master cylinder. Tranny will make this noise. Call a friend of my wife family that used a Mitsubishi motor in a old Datson with turbo. He came to my house & turn it on, he told me it isn't supposed to make the noise. He check & showed me the gap it had between the tranny & motor. He took it today put in new bolts. She finally done. Drove her today no problem. Tomorrow putting ins. & tags.
nice! congrats man! post up some pics so we can check out your RA after 4 years of chillin in your garage lol. how much did it cost you to get that whole thing done?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey one of the originals came back. Glad to hear you still have the Ralliart. Welcome back!!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:00 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice bro maybe u can make the lancer meet Dec. 14 at Markham park at 1pm. It's JDM for kids ill be there reppin my yellow fellow too.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
hello, I'm new here..
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

Well she needs a bath. I can hardly see out the window from all the dust it had. I got some oil & filter as that oil should be crap by now. She has some dings here & there from my father in law hit it a few times. Lol. But she still has the pep. I like the clutch I put in as the 4 puck one was kind of to much. Now its a smoother engauge. But that damn fuel pump noise gets on my last nerve.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

4gran turbo & 500 tune. Then the engine blow up. Then got a motor $600 another $500 on 8.5 compretion pistons, I think $275 for coolmist, a 1000cc inj beats me the price. Another 800 for engine work & put in pistons, port polish all that stuff. And another 200 for retune for 8 pounds with meth. Forgot the price for stiff motor mounts. 600 for ACT clulth. 25 for slave, 50 for master cylinder. Forgot the price for braided clutch line. I guess that's all.

I miss Philly cause I can street race all day & because I work for the city & my licence was my job, they let me go.

But moving to Florida & my girls being raise in a good environment is good enough for me.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 10:58 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Yeah they are getting a little old, wear and tear etc. but still great cars I'd like to see your beast in person sometime
Old Dec 7, 2013, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

stop running that 5th injector, and you'll stop blowing motors ...i've been running 12psi on pump gas, with no meth injection on a stock block for quite some time.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 04:34 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Very true crans, smurf do some research here about the reflash and gain some reliability and better performance.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Well the blown motor was my fault, 1st I put a 2 & a half inch exhaust to the muffler, that made the turbo go up to 15 pounds of boost. Then I had a argument with the wife & started burning rubber like a child with a hissy fit. And it made a wierd noise. The next day driving in the highway it blow up. I take the flash in consideration.

I fix the car due to my daily driver blow a piston & the mechanic told me he will fix the Lancer no payment & give me $200 for my beat up 97 Toyota Camry. So that the reason the Lancer is running, as I'm not making the $ I made in Philly & I needed a car. Everything down here are 150 to 170 thousands mile & they want $3000 and up. So I was like for that I fix the Lancer with 18200 miles with everything brand new.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

changing the exhaust diameter should not cause the boost to increase. spiking is normal, it's possible the wastegate is faulty. also with the reflash you get boost cut protection...you set a boost level of your choice in the ECU with the software, and if the MAP sensor detects that boost level, the ECU cuts fuel, and I feels like you hit something, lol...nice thing to have...plus 5th injector doesn't fuel evenly, and failures are more likely to occur in cylinder #1 and 2.

I'm telling you man, a good tune with a proper fuel delivery setup is key...if you don't have that, you have a ticking time bomb, even on a built block.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Good point on the. 1st & 4th cylinder. The thing is convincing the wife. She want to take the engine & turbo out & make it a daily driver or to sell it & buy one if those high mile cars in Florida. The money I have put in it, has been to much. If I do go that route the reflash I will need the piping to get rid of the 5th inj piping. And redo the fuel lines. Tax season is around the corner.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

if you had to cut the stock fuel line, then you just need an inline coupler to rejoin the line...a new solid line would be ideal, but not necessary...I got a set of WRX 440cc injectors locally for $40, and they are out there even if you spend $100 it's still better than paying $500+ for a set of RC's or something. as for the 5th injector pipe, you could just plug it. I forget, is it just an elbow or is it the whole upper pipe?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Yes it is an elbow. The fuel line was cut & a t was put in to supply the 5th inj. I think a coupling should due.

Quick Reply: well she back.