Notices

Which threads to check out.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which threads to check out.

I have recently bought a 2005 ralliart that had a 4g69 swapped into it. I had to get a mechanical and body I tegrity safety as it was a total loss before.

I've got it all safetied but am just looking for more info. I'm doing all the work myself but I don't know specifics about this car.

I understand all this info is in this forum but I'm looking for some guidance. I've scoured quite a few threads and have had a lot of great success in finding what I need. But some threads to check out would be great. And yes, I've read most of the stickies and noob threads.

I'm looking for miss that actually do something and what to not bother touching as it's not bad stock. I don't need a car for the track as I have one of those and I don't need a muscle car as I have one of those projects too. But building the car into something that's fun, reliable, and not terrible on gas is the plan.

I'm sure people can understand this request as there is a lot of info and not all of it is necessarily useful. (Oil does not get thicker as it heats up, as one thread suggested) But since this forum has so much great info, I just want a launching point with a few suggestions like:

suggested mods, where to find engine numbers, timing marks, plug and oil tests with results, LEDs, tires, ingots for people who are just looking for more history and info on this gen of lancer. I love knowing everything. I was told that this is a detuned evo, but then I learned it's not.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey welcome aboard. Im an EvO9 owner so dont know the RA too well, at all

My only suggestion is to hang out on the RA boards daily & get to know the regulars

If you have any forum questions or EvO 8/9 questions, Let me know

Joe