Notices

04-06 RA Tans Fluid Change - Helper Pics

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04-06 RA Tans Fluid Change - Helper Pics

Hey everyone-

It was Christmas in May at my house, and I got around to changing my tranny fluid this afternoon. I'd looked for the threads outlining the directions, and the one posted at Evo Motorsports is great:
http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tech_id=26

However, I thought I'd throw up a few pics I took while doing it, maybe help a fellow RA owner out. Use these pictures in conjunction with the directions at the Evo Moto link.

I love this sight as I pull in my driveway...the top box was from Buschur Racing and had 3 qts of BG Synchroshift II.

The fill plug is located on the front side of the transmission and is labelled "Oil". Here, I have the bolt out and some hose I used to fill 'er up:

from above:

The drain plug is on the driver side of the transmission, more toward the back of the car. The pictures on the Evo Moto link above show a magnetic drain plug...from the factory, ours are not magnetic. The 24mm bolt has a rather shallow head. Here's two pics of the drain hole:

closer...

This truly is an easy thing to do. Just be careful; when that drain plug comes off, the old tranny fluid shoots outta there, so get your catch pan ready. After I was all done (including the obligatory I-just-worked-on-my-car cigarette), the BG Synchroshift II felt great...I should have done this 10,000 miles ago

Hope this helps!
Old May 29, 2009, 06:00 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Stuck and closed. Discuss here.