Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Some RRM Parts for the R/A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jyrk
once i get a response from them about the stabilizers, i will be ordering the splitter if it doesnt require them. Once i get my wheels/tires ordered this week i will test out them springs, and toss a few pics up sometime this week or early next.
Cool, definitely let us know.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sweetness
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

yea id like the rrm splitter too if the stabilizers arent required
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Remember, it you put springs on the car you have to get camber kits or your tires are gonna be f'd in about 4 months. The inside tread will wear out almost instantly. The cost of tires in a year are more than waiting for coilovers. Plus coilovers feel way better and have adjustability.

Like the splitter so long as it is extended as far back under the car as possible and doesnt required the stabilizers. They should aslo make a pairs of side extensions and some under body aero like the evo. All of which I would purchase and install.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by elpoole
Remember, it you put springs on the car you have to get camber kits or your tires are gonna be f'd in about 4 months. The inside tread will wear out almost instantly. The cost of tires in a year are more than waiting for coilovers. Plus coilovers feel way better and have adjustability.

Like the splitter so long as it is extended as far back under the car as possible and doesnt required the stabilizers. They should aslo make a pairs of side extensions and some under body aero like the evo. All of which I would purchase and install.
agreed about splitter..
under the 08-09 lancer section for parts on RRM website...
you see a video of the installtion of the splitter with the stabilizer rods and you get to see how far the lip is installed.
very easy installation...

on the springs....i thought it was vice-versa...on the camber kits.
i heard that with coilovers, it's an automatic necessity for a camber kit.
but i think that if you lower your car in general, your going to need it, cause over amt of time...your car will require it.

but don't quote me on that.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

soo much I don't know but i really want to lower. From what i've read just now however I would need a camber kit for lowering springs
Old Apr 27, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Yes you absolutley need a camber kit. I had springs and it will torch the inside of the wheels ( as in wear them out, thread showing and everything ) within 4 months. And if you absolutely have to get springs then be sure they have the right spring rate cause if not, your going to slap the living **** out of the suspension.

Most coilovers come with adjustable camber plates. Its part of the assembly.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Yes you absolutley need a camber kit. I had springs and it will torch the inside of the wheels ( as in wear them out, thread showing and everything ) within 4 months. And if you absolutely have to get springs then be sure they have the right spring rate cause if not, your going to slap the living **** out of the suspension.

Most coilovers come with adjustable camber plates. Its part of the assembly.
What springs do you have on the car.

Most of what ive scene/read is that camber kits arent needed with this car unless your really slamming it.

Also, most of the springs out, if not all, arent designed for the RA. Theyre GTS springs, that will cause alot of problems.

Do you have any pictures of your car with mentioned springs to show the amount of negative camber it produced.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

In either event, i e-mailed RRM to see if they used a camber kit.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

I usually found that lowering it 2.0" or more you need a camber kit. Some cars are different though...

A good alignment can most back into street spec.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

It depends on the springs, the drop and how much adjustability there is stock. You may not need a camber kit.
Coilovers are great if you buy a top-level kit, ie. not Ksport, Megan, Tein Basics, etc. The adjustability is a double-edged sword, it's great if you actually use it but if you're a "set it and forget it" person, it's a waste and a possible liability.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Not RA specific, Im just talking bout experience with my GTS.

Does anyone know if the rear has adjustable camber? The GTS didnt.

Last edited by elpoole; Apr 27, 2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

when I had the RRM V2 Grip springs on my 08 I had no problems with camber, didnt buy the bolts either aligned right up close to specs, not going to be perfect but it was darn close.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

anyone get a response from them yet.. i sent 2 emails and nothing yet.
Old May 3, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

call RRM and talk to ROB tell him Mike Paulins sent ya

Quick Reply: Some RRM Parts for the R/A