Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Warning light on my car!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning light on my car!

So I was driving to work today and my warning light comes on saying that my tire pressure is low. I stopped looked and all the tires seemed fine, so after work I went to the gas station to put some air in all the tires just to be sure put it to where it is suppose to be at. But the warning light is still on! anyone know what can be causing this? could I have possibly damaged the tpms sensors hitting a bump. this sucks
Old Oct 4, 2009, 09:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

what psi are you filling them up at?
Old Oct 4, 2009, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by gaspipedreamer
So I was driving to work today and my warning light comes on saying that my tire pressure is low. I stopped looked and all the tires seemed fine, so after work I went to the gas station to put some air in all the tires just to be sure put it to where it is suppose to be at. But the warning light is still on! anyone know what can be causing this? could I have possibly damaged the tpms sensors hitting a bump. this sucks
I actually had the same thing happen to me on Friday. I was driving in the rain and the low tire pressure light comes on. Gotta say thats the last thing you wanna see come on in the rain . If you fill them up to 35 psi which is what the sticker inside the door says the light will go off. The only thing I can link it to is that it got really cold here last week. When I checked the pressure in my tires it was at 30 psi. So the warning must come on when the pressure in the tires drops 5psi.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Frost
I actually had the same thing happen to me on Friday. I was driving in the rain and the low tire pressure light comes on. Gotta say thats the last thing you wanna see come on in the rain . If you fill them up to 35 psi which is what the sticker inside the door says the light will go off. The only thing I can link it to is that it got really cold here last week. When I checked the pressure in my tires it was at 30 psi. So the warning must come on when the pressure in the tires drops 5psi.

i actually pumped mine up to 40psi just to b sure and if doesnt turn it off ill just drop back to 35 i dont know whats going on and it annoys me seing that warning light
Old Oct 5, 2009, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
You need to drive around for 5-10 miles for the system to recognize the new PSI - and see if it is correct. This happened to me the other day, I was freaking out cause it wouldn't turn off too.

Just make sure you keep it at 35psi cold inflated
Old Oct 5, 2009, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

getting cold here in dallas. every morning it comes on. half way to work the tires warm up and it goes away. i need to add some air this weekend.