Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

autometer gauge pod

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:30 PM
tre
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autometer gauge pod

Well after doing a lot of searching around and looking at what options were available for the 09+ lancer. I got to thinking. Autometer must have plans to make something. So I sent off a friendly email to them inquiring if there were any future plans or something in development that we can look forward to in terms of a oem fit/finish gauge mounting solution for our lancers. And here is what the response was:

"Hi Trevor,

There are currently no plans to proceed with a gauge pod for the late model Lancers. Surprisingly, there hasn't been much interest; it doesn't seem that as many of these cars are being bought and modified as there were in the previous generations. Nothing is ever set in stone, and if tangible demand for a product exists, it's likely that Gauge Works would build it. Hope this helps, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Joseph Mills
Auto Meter Products, Inc."

Just figured I'd let you guys know. Maybe we can generate enough emails for them to justify producing something. Becuase quite honestly I'm not too fond of whats available right now. What i'd like to see is a oem fit/finish steering column pod. single or dual I really don't care. Just something that doesn't involve 3m mounting tape or gauge cups would be nice.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:18 PM
Account Disabled

you do realize we have the srs in that pillar, and putting a pod there is just stupid right?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Groundfades
you do realize we have the srs in that pillar, and putting a pod there is just stupid right?
Wrong! The pillar is tethered and will sing towards windshield if it did manage to come loose. so it will not put the drive in danger. It has been discussed many many times on the forums.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tre
Well after doing a lot of searching around and looking at what options were available for the 09+ lancer. I got to thinking. Autometer must have plans to make something. So I sent off a friendly email to them inquiring if there were any future plans or something in development that we can look forward to in terms of a oem fit/finish gauge mounting solution for our lancers. And here is what the response was:

"Hi Trevor,

There are currently no plans to proceed with a gauge pod for the late model Lancers. Surprisingly, there hasn't been much interest; it doesn't seem that as many of these cars are being bought and modified as there were in the previous generations. Nothing is ever set in stone, and if tangible demand for a product exists, it's likely that Gauge Works would build it. Hope this helps, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Joseph Mills
Auto Meter Products, Inc."

Just figured I'd let you guys know. Maybe we can generate enough emails for them to justify producing something. Becuase quite honestly I'm not too fond of whats available right now. What i'd like to see is a oem fit/finish steering column pod. single or dual I really don't care. Just something that doesn't involve 3m mounting tape or gauge cups would be nice.
Try this site.
http://store.ami-customs.com/index.p...-a-pillar.html
or
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/c...gauge_pod.html
Old Dec 8, 2009, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The SRS in the pillar is towards the top of the pillar; putting a gauge pod towards the bottom of the pillar near the dash is fine.

Like gccruz said, it's tethered and the worst that should happen is your gauges would swing and smack your windshield.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah that CP-E one is the pod I always planned on getting when the time came. Looks OEM and is in a convenient location assuming it fits our RA correctly!

-Taranis
Old Dec 8, 2009, 08:42 AM
Account Disabled

im aware of the dual pods on the market, but autometer will probably not make one for that reason.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 09:20 AM
tre
Evolving Member

you do realize i didn't say anything about a a-pillar pod right?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 09:23 AM
tre
Evolving Member

the ami one is nice. i'm just not sold on the idea of either sending them my existing on or buying a new one just to have some plastic fibreglassed onto it. I'd much rather see something that was molded right from the get go and not fibreglassed on after the fact.

and the ami on again is nice. if you plan on running 3 gauges. at the most i'd run 2.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 09:25 AM
tre
Evolving Member

i guess what i'd like to see is a dual or single pod that replaces the upper half of the steering column bezel. NOT 3M taped.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 09:34 AM
Account Disabled

the steering column one will come out in time as it seems to on all cars.

My gauge on my column isnt 3m'd and i didnt have to do damage either.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Oh god not this debate again...

Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

I have yet to see it in the car, but rexspeed has a single column one. http://www.rexpeed.net/new2007/produ...php?serial=212
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:20 PM
tre
Evolving Member

tommy - thats the style i'd like to see. but instead of CF make it plastic and match the oem peice. as well make it so its a replacement peice. not a addition you stick on with double sided tape.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:23 PM
tre
Evolving Member

the steering column one will come out in time as it seems to on all cars.

My gauge on my column isnt 3m'd and i didnt have to do damage either.
agreed ground it will likely come out at some point. question is when? That lead me to sending a email to a company that I knew of that has made them in the past.

can you link a pic of your gauge mounting? i'd like to see it as I need a solution to mounting my boost gauge.