Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo xi

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo xi

Just read a write up in car&driver, I believe. They were talking about how Mitsu is seriously considering making the Evo xi a Hybrid. They even had a concept makeup of it. Ughhhh! What are your thoughts? Would you drive an Evo hybrid?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

I would love to drive an evo hybrid. If it can improve gas mileage both city and highway and no compromise on performance and hp why not?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:30 AM

Here's the road&track article: http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...-lancer-evo-xi

I too wouldn't mind a hybrid EVO.
Economical and fast, it would make for a great DD.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

That is possibly the saddest thing I have ever read . What they should do is make an Evo with a bigger stock Engine (non-rally version still with all the same AWD amazingness though) and say screw you tree-huggers because you can't catch me! O no its a prius (which btw is way less green than say, a BMW M3)!!!!

proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTOyiKLARk
Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Seems like an odd idea. People buy the EVO for performance. Having a hybrid EVO would likely not attract any new buyers. Granted someone who wants an EVO *may* choose a hybrid version over a regular version if the price and performance are the same, but that's about it. Seems that they are barking up the wrong tree, and would spend tons of money on R&D that could be better spent improving what they have or making something more for the general public if they want more money.

-Taranis
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

What I have noticed is that once an evo owner always an evo owner, with exceptions here and there of course. But, it seems like most of the people that have evo x's had the earlier models as well. I bought my RA for the performance, awd aspect of the car, honestly the gas mileage was the last of my concerns. I am pretty sure the same goes with any performance car, guys buying m3s, amg, evos, and any other sports cars arent buying them so they can save some change at the pump...They are buying them to get the thrill of hauling a$$. I think Mitsu could possibly lose alot of dedicated buyers with the release of a hybrid evo. But at the same time, it seems like performance cars, at least the concepts, are leaning towards much better fuel economy. For instance the new Porsche that gets like 60mpg and has over 400hp. But, as far as I know, none of those concepts are hybrids. An Evo has attitude and for some reason a hybrid seems like it would take the bully out of the Evo. I mean, did you guys buy your RA because of the excellent gas mileage?

Last edited by SOG RA; Jul 11, 2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Myself, as much as a like the "go green" idea, you're right. It takes a lot out of the idea of the Evo. At least to me. I didn't buy my car giving a **** about gas mileage, I knew I would have a heavy right foot and I knew that it was going to cost a few bucks every time I filled up. Do I regret my decision? Not even the slightest. Every time I enter boost I get a grin on my face, and it's all worth it. If they can somehow pull off the Evo hybrid like they are suggesting, then good on them. Suppose only time will tell.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:30 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SOG RA
Would you drive an Evo hybrid?
HELL, NO!

I've purchased 2 Evolutions, but most likely won't be buying another.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:51 AM

I will go with the Evo.
It is faster and looks a bit better.
This are some features of the Evo xi.

EngineType:Inline-4, TurbochargedDisplacement cu in (cc):122 (1997)Power bhp (kW) at RPM:280(206) / 6500Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM:289(392) / 3000Redline at RPM:7000Brakes & TiresBrakes F/R:ABS, vented disc/vented discTires F-R:235/45 R17Driveline:All Wheel DriveExterior Dimensions & WeightLength × Width × Height in:n.a.Weight lb (kg):n.a.PerformanceAcceleration 0-62 mph s:n.a.Top Speed mph (km/h):n.a.Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km):n.a.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

i dun mind driving an hybrid evo IF it cost the same, perform the same, and give me saving for gas =)
Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

this subject has been beaten to death plenty of times, YES mitsubishi has a hybrid evo they are doing tests on it...there is 3-4 other threads on this topic
Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also see:

http://www.automobilemag.com/green/news/1003_2011_porsche_918_spyder_hybrid_concept/index.html

http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-r/2013/2013-nissan-gt-r-hybrid-in-the-works.html

The end is near...