Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Drivers side window.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers side window.

So I've been having problems with my drivers side window the past few days and today it decided to crap out on me. pretty much what happened was, i was driving and i rolled down my window and i heard something break off like a metal ting, in the drivers side door. as i was rolling up, the window started to fall in at the corner where the mirror is. so i rolled it down again and rolled it back up okay, but i had pull it up a little bit. When it fully rolled up, it scraped the tint off to where its the size of my hand..... Will this be covered under warrenty because there's no way I could have done anything to do that....
Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

If you took off your window trim to plastidip it or whatever they use for that, some of the clips could have been broken off or bent into the window. Either way, doesnt explain the window falling. Take it to the stealership.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Im having problems with my drivers side window too, it clicks weird every time i roll it up and down. it rattles when its half way down so im just waiting for mine to crap out as well!
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Yep mine rattles too sometimes, if i roll it up a hair or down it stops.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 02:15 AM

i've never touched the trim or anything like that. it seems like it may be the window bolt.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
this is all covered under a bulletin. the window glass retaining bolts that hold it to the regulator come loose. some of them are #4 strength and need to be upgraded to #7, and the ones that are #7 just need to be re-torqed to the proper spec. all covered under warranty. if, for some reason, you get a complete failure, like you said with the window falling in, you usually have broken the tabs and will need completely new door-glass and almost always will need a regulator as the weight of the window will have mangled it. again, all covered by warranty, i'll get you guys a bulletin number as soon as i can find it

EDIT: TSB-09-42A-004

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Aug 10, 2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: added tsb#
Old Aug 18, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Luckily my drivers side window isn't having any problems but i put down the rear passanger side and it makes a ticking sound as it goes down. Perhaps this is the same issue. I'll give them that bulletin number when I go in for my first oil change. Thanks 03chi-townOZ!

-Ralliheart
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
yep, it applies to all 4 windows, any of which may have the issue.