Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bluetooth issue

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth issue

Hey guys,
So I have used my bluetooth quite a bit for the last few months. I stopped using it for a month or so and now I cannot get any sound from the actual call. My phone pairs up fine, it shows that my phone is connected and makes calls as well, but when I should be hearing ringing, nothing. I know its not my phone because since this started I have gotten a new phone. I know this is probably a warranty thing, but just seeing if maybe I am missing something simple or if anyone else has remedied something like this before.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

I know this is going to sound stupid, but did you try upping the volume?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yes
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
I know this is going to sound stupid, but did you try upping the volume?

I have run into this problem before. This may or may not be the issue with yours. When you are connected and currently talking to someone. Raise the volume on your phone. Not the radio. Made that mistake for a while before figuring it out.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 05:51 PM

Do you have an Android phone? Have you recently installed FroYo (2.2). I lost my bluetooth in both of my vehicels with the upgrade. In the Lancer, I delted the phone and re-paired it and all it working again. Still haven't addressed it in the VW. Seems like I'm always in the Lancer for some reason.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

I do have an android phone, I do not have FroYo, dont even know what it is, but I dont have any apps that require bluetooth for anything. Like I said, the phone is brand new and just paired it up and wasnt working. Its odd because that chicks voice is soooo loud, but after it says the number and dialing it goes silent, not even like a faint buzzing noise from the connection. Oh and the people I have called with it cannot hear me either.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Ian, when you call, have you had your phone open to see if the call timer is working? I would call Mits tech number and find out if your phone actually is compatable with the bluetooth. I know it sounds weird but I had tons of problems with my bluetooth in my GTS and I had a similar problem where no matter what my phone wouldn`t dial through the bluetooth. I had to say the number in my bluetooth, open my phone and press the send button then it would dial. One of the other problems that was really fricken annoying was the womans voice would always be super quiet like say 10 or 12 then when somebody answered the phone the volume would go max by itself and blast my ear drums. There was no way to stop it so Mits replaced that bluetooth module under warranty.