Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Car Broken into

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zx-319
I don't know about the US version but in the Canadian version, there is no shock sensor... The alarm gets triggered only when a door is opened.

urmm my 2009 is the same way
Old Oct 5, 2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by TSiAWD666
If the windows weren't broken he could opened the door, then immediately popped the hood and disconnected your battery, stolen your items, then re-connected the battery. Sounds odd but if he wanted to leave the car without any obvious tampering that's what might have happened. Alarm would have gone off briefly but would have been quickly silenced.
I'm not sure someone would go through the trouble to pull off the snorkel to get to the battery cover off, steal a $50 detector, then be kind enough to put everythign back... lol.. but i guess it's possible, who woulda thunk, courteous theives!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by komilp13
That was the weird part. There was no signs of tampering by any of the windows. I filed a complaint with the police and when the cop looked at everything, he was surprised that whoever broke into the car was more interested in a $50 radar detector, but not the $200 oakleys sitting in plain sight.
are you sure you didnt leave it unlocked?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 01:03 PM

Must be some sort of sensor as when I started to remove the tow ball with a shifter (wrench).. (created some noise and prob a bit of movement) the car gave out a few beeps, So I turned the alarm off and continued.

To be honest I say you left it unlocked as someone smart enough to get past the alarm isnt just gonna steal a $50 item, they take the whole car.

ps for all you people upover.. tow bar = hitch

Last edited by Lourance; Oct 6, 2010 at 01:12 PM.