Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the fuel economy really that horrible on the RA?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

^^ not really i get 22-24 mpg combined... For turbocharged and AWD its a win! If your worried much about mpg prius is the car for you its really awesome having 40-50 mpg but after awhile you will need to change the hybrid battery on it that cost 7g's or more if im not mistaken..
Old Mar 18, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys quick out of topic question? Does the ralliart muffler vibrates/shaking when car is idling?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Defcon5Es
Hey guys quick out of topic question? Does the ralliart muffler vibrates/shaking when car is idling?
Not that I know of. Mine doesn't.

Back to the topic, i daily mine and I love it. I don't really drive too far from work and back but I enjoy every minute of it! Well milage is meh. But awd turbo 4 door with a decent trunk that's fun to drive, can't really complain. I say go test drive one. If ya need more trunk space, try the sportback.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by captobvious75
Is the fuel economy really that horrible on the RA?
it's not THAT bad, it's just the RA is most people's first turbocharged car, most likely coming from an econobox like a carolla or mazda3 - you just have to adjust. the performance trade-off is definitely worth it
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:15 AM

Ralliart purchase

My wife and I purchased our 2010 RA, 1 year ago this April. Its my daily driver (10 mile commute) and we both love it! Yes, I get the stink eye on occasion when it costs $40 to fill it up but we take this car for every getaway we have. She takes it to work on occasion, and always comes home with a smile on her face after driving. I looked at several cars: Mazda speed 3, Nissan SE-5R etc etc. In the end the AWD system and the good looks really won us over. Good luck, but Im sure you wont go wrong with a RA!

Oh and at 42, I went from a V-8 Dodge truck and a Jeep Cherokee: I love the acceleration and handling of this car and could not see spending the extra cash for an Evo that didnt have a spare tire... I dont like walking

Last edited by SPSERG; Mar 22, 2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SPSERG
My wife and I purchased our 2010 RA, 1 year ago this April. Its my daily driver (10 mile commute) and we both love it! Yes, I get the stink eye on occasion when it costs $40 to fill it up but we take this car for every getaway we have. She takes it to work on occasion, and always comes home with a smile on her face after driving. I looked at several cars: Mazda speed 3, Nissan SE-5R etc etc. In the end the AWD system and the good looks really won us over. Good luck, but Im sure you wont go wrong with a RA!

Oh and at 42, I went from a V-8 Dodge truck and a Jeep Cherokee: I love the acceleration and handling of this car and could not see spending the extra cash for an Evo that didnt have a spare tire... I dont like walking
evo's dont have a spare tire? who knew?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

I'm pretty happy with this car as a DD. I have a short 15min highway drive before getting to work on base and there, the highest speed limit is a whopping 25mph.

It's rough in stop-and-go traffic; it just feels like this car does not want to be slow. But once you know how the SST behaves (I keep it in 2nd gear while creeping in parking lots so I don't get the lurches), you can pretty much mimic driving a corolla (full auto/non-sport) to try and get the best MPG you can.

BUT the turbo is like crack... it's a helluva drug. Open stretches/highway entrances and twisties tend to kill my MPG's. THAT is all on the driver.

previous cars: 05 honda civic, 06 nissan 350z (so you know what I'm comparing the driving experience from).
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:25 AM

Spare Tire

They have a can of fix-a-flat as I understand it... I understand the weight savings and the direction they were going, but I really like to have a spare just in case. Not trying to compare apples and oranges, it just seemed like the more sensible choice to own the RA- for me that is.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

My spare tire saved me two weekends ago and was very thankful that I had one, even if it did look like I had one wagon wheel.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

I love my car so far, no complaints and easy to mod!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They have a can of fix-a-flat as I understand it....
A can of fix-a-flat??? LMAO That'll do you a lot of good when you have a sidewall blowout. I saw a lady the other day trying to fix her sidewall blowout with a can of fix-a-flat, and it was all I could do to keep a straight face.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:05 AM

Fix-O-Flat

I understand the logic of trying to save as much weight as possible... But in reality I may go blasting down some back roads, but will never have my car on a race track. I may sound like an old man, but the first time you are stuck with a completley blown out tire and dont have a spare to replace it- you will reconsider that can of fix-o-flat and how much weight not having a spare saved you.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

I understand the logic of trying to save as much weight as possible... But in reality I may go blasting down some back roads, but will never have my car on a race track. I may sound like an old man, but the first time you are stuck with a completley blown out tire and dont have a spare to replace it- you will reconsider that can of fix-o-flat and how much weight not having a spare saved you.
100% agree. IMHO driving without a spare is retarded.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

The new Honda Fits don't have a spare either... seems like an interesting choice for an economy car. They probably wanted to keep it super lightweight to eek out as much mpgs as possible but still.

Quick Reply: New Ralliart