Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

This will be the longest drive in my RA so far...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:32 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This will be the longest drive in my RA so far...

Leaving early saturday morning to spend a week on the beach and then hitting up the smokeys, tail of the dragon, blue ridge parkway!

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=11...6,17,18,19&z=6

UPDATE: It was awesome. The trip down to folly beach last saturday took like 13 hours, including a lot of breaks. The trip up to asheville from folly beach this sat took around 13 hrs also, due to a lot of detours on back country roads. Finally, 17 hours home from asheville through blue ridge parkway, including climbing up mt mitchell (highest point on the east coast). No real crazy driving, just trying to keep it safe out there + make it home alive but I still had a lot of fun. Definitely have to do it again.

I decided to skip tail of the dragon since most of the roads getting there that afternoon looked like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufc5bdL0WKc

Instead, I hit up blue ridge early and went down rt. 151 (which was enough for me):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUX-Xxk84P4

The climb up mt. mitchell was awesome at 8am in the morning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVNEhjkZcXw

All in all, 2214 miles driven. 27.6mpg (that's not a typo) combined for the last 17 non stop hours of driving (~900 miles), which included climbing up a lot of mountains on blue ridge and cruising on the interstate.

Big thanks to my girl for keeping the camera steady while being tossed around the car, letting me drag her around for 17 straight hours on the last leg, and most of all, putting up with me.
Attached Thumbnails This will be the longest drive in my RA so far...-p1010567-medium-.jpg   This will be the longest drive in my RA so far...-p1010568-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by xi; Jul 5, 2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if Im wrong, 9 States crossing???
Thats some driving ahead of you.
Maybe picture/vid tour guide when you do?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck, bro! I went to the Dragon TWICE already, and I'm in Michigan. I loved it. The car does pretty well out there. If you've never been, I suggest reading some articles on it, and watch some videos on YouTube. It's pretty intense!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by toredefine
Good luck, bro! I went to the Dragon TWICE already, and I'm in Michigan. I loved it. The car does pretty well out there. If you've never been, I suggest reading some articles on it, and watch some videos on YouTube. It's pretty intense!

Heh, Folly Beach.

Its not bad at all, enjoy.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Ive driven my car from Dayton OH to Tampa Florida, Pittsburgh multiple times and to Chicago once. Ill be taking it to northern Michigan at the end of August. The car is great for road trips other then the drone of the exhaust gets old after the 10th hour lol.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 03:03 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MTZL
Correct me if Im wrong, 9 States crossing???
Thats some driving ahead of you.
Maybe picture/vid tour guide when you do?
9 or 10, something like that yea. Definitely have my camera with me. My girl will be taking plenty of pictures along the way.

Originally Posted by toredefine
I won't be doing anything crazy, hopefully. I'll still have like, another 18 hours of driving after the tail.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

thats a long trip... but good in a Ralliart

Ive taken mine on 2 trips to orlando so far. 1,300 miles one way. Did it in 17.5hrs this past june on my vaca to Orlando.

Looking to do a cross country tour in it next.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Have fun, Sir! I've been wanting to road trip the RA for forever now... the wife always wants to take the Mazda 5... minivan practicality always loses out to AWD turbo fun.

To those that have road tripped their RA, any of you guys have the recaro's? And were they okay to sit in after a couple of hours?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roversix
To those that have road tripped their RA, any of you guys have the recaro's? And were they okay to sit in after a couple of hours?
The recaros are great, ive been in them for 4hrs straight with no problem.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by total0wnage
The recaros are great, ive been in them for 4hrs straight with no problem.
That's about the longest drive I've had in my Recaros so far... about half way through each of those long drives, it felt like someone turned on seat warmers and heated my butt, even though I don't have seat warmers...

Mind you, that was on interstates. 2+ hour drives on twisty roads, it's not a problem.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:37 PM

Compared to my old Honda Accord 02, and Honda Pilot 04, My leather Recaros are my favorite for long drives!

I did 6 hours to a ski resort and 6 hours back, no complaints at all!

Well except for the paint... got a few dozen chips lol
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I need to get a clear bra myself.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP have fun i highly suggest taping up the front or something cause ull come back from ur trip with paint missing lol.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah god damn Mitsu's paint is cheap....
Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Have fun.

These are really fun cars to drive and most of my miles have been on weekend fun runs, I would love to take my car on a nice little road trip if no one buys it.