Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Seems like Ralliarts are ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Coast Mitsu is the world's largest seller of Evo's. They have 4 dealerships in all, but this 1 holds the record year after year (the next closest is in Texas, at less than half). They had ~400 Evo's and ~100 RA's when I got my car last October.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was talking with the manager at San Rafael and he told me that he put an order in for 10 more RA's including Sportbacks. So central/ Northern California is a place to look at as well, but the prices seem to be a little lower down south.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

You can negotiate better w/ a dealer who has several HUNDRED on hand, versus having several on hand. That's why I drove 2 hours to get to South Coast Mitsu; my local dealers had between none and 3 on hand.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neogeo64
I was talking with the manager at San Rafael and he told me that he put an order in for 10 more RA's including Sportbacks. So central/ Northern California is a place to look at as well, but the prices seem to be a little lower down south.
Wont happen for a long while. All Mitsu dealer up here has order for more...and they have had order for more for the past several months. The way the order gets filled, concord mitsu will get the first batch, then san jose, then san rafael...and concord is pretty much saying it won't happen anytime soon. So basically for this year model, the 3 we have left here is what we have left (one at concord with nav, one at san rafael with some miles on it as it's been on lot for 6 months (that one is a great deal tho at 25 grand) and one at livermore).
Old Jul 6, 2011, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
You can negotiate better w/ a dealer who has several HUNDRED on hand, versus having several on hand. That's why I drove 2 hours to get to South Coast Mitsu; my local dealers had between none and 3 on hand.

Maybe...maybe not. You certainly have more options at SC mitsu...but some of the best deals can be had at smaller dealership that need to move their cars NOW or be unable to pay rent . Assuming you don't mind orange (sorry rotor glow) and such.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

So there are RAs in norcal. I still have yet to see one on the road.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TOralliart
Yeah I have seen 1 in the last couple of years in the Bay area. moslty Evo's or Gts's.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I have one . San rafael I KNOW sold two in the past 2 months so two more should be moving around.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by TOralliart
I *finally* saw a RA Sportback (other then mine) on the road last month. They are super rare here.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 04:53 PM

I just bought my RA sedan in PA and I can say that there were no sportbacks around. I think the dealer in BKLYN had one used one, but I grew up near that place and wont go near them , and a dealer in Queens had a couple. Nothing in PA or NJ.

I looked at the regular sportback next to the RA sedan and decided that, while the sportback convenience would be really handy (esp coming from a truck to the RA as my DD), I could live with the sedan since it has the fold down seats.