Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2011 AUDM Ralliart ECUflash Problem, urgent help. needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 AUDM Ralliart ECUflash Problem, urgent help. needed

hi all,

im new to the whole opensource tuning scene on my 2011 AUDM Ralliart and have stumbled upon my first mistake/error.

I need help, i have installed ecuflash 1.42 on my pc, as guided to throughout numerous tutorials and how too's such as merlins and rich's how to guides.
although after only reading my ecu through using ecuflash and saving my raw data, my interface disconnects (as it says)in my log data and i do not have a chance to end the programming session or clear cel's.
my car is now running filth at idle/startup and rpm is sitting at around 1500rpm in park and the cel's are lighting up my dash and it says service/maintenance required.

i have been trying to view my first reads data, although i am not that computer savvy and cannot seem to figure it out at all.

my plan is to flash using the gst v.6 boost pill upgrade, although i am worried i have either lost the data from my first read and i cannot reflash or even reset the factory ecu.

if someone could chime in and give me a hand that would be great, or even if someone in sydney aus, know a tuner i can go to for help would be great.

this is my daily drive so im in a tough situation

thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi hodjo.

I sent you a couple of small ideas in answer to your pm. Been mulling over it since then. I think I might have a handle on your issue.

"Missing" EcuFlash Options (Exit Programming State, Clear CELs)

Those options only appear if you've selected/loaded a ROM image file. Without a ROM file present in EcuFlash's "Open ROM Documents" pane, they disappear completely.

It's pretty idiotic, I know. They are inevitably absent when you need them most - ie. stressed, with a duff flash or read, and a reloaded EcuFlash program.

With EcuFlash running, when you connect up your OP2.0 via USB, the blue "Read from ECU" icon lights up and can be used.

Then, when you load a ROM image - any old ROM image - the magic extra options are then available under the "ECU" topbar menu...

- Exit Programming State
- Clear CELs (or whatever it's called).

So with a fresh brain, go and connect up to your car again. Run EcuFlash. Then load "a" ROM image. Then you should be able to select "Exit Programming State"... and finally clear the code stuff.

Good luck!

Rich
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Also...
  • If you hit SAVE after your read, and saved the ROM image, you have it on file. Note you can download the exact same file. As noted in my pm, look here:
http://norcalmotorsports.org/users/b...EVO/tech/ROMs/

File "56950006_2011_EDM_RA.hex" is probably yours.
  • Unless you actually FLASHED a different ROM image to your car, you won't have "lost" the stock ROM. It's all still there - so don't stress.
  • You definitely haven't bricked the ECU, as the car still runs. Again, don't stress.
Rich
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the help Richard, I got in contact with Merlin today and he fixed it all up for me and is helping me out with it.
the definition file was unknown and my version of ecuflash was helping out,
I will grab that definition file off you for future reference.

thanks once again,

Josh.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome. You're in good hands then!

Rich