Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

My new Ralliart project

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new Ralliart project

just purchased a 2013 Ralliart so making a forum for my self for when i have questions on up grades or want your all opinions on new parts. glad to be part of the tiny turbo gang ha. here is was i got so far

Fresh paint
Old Jun 27, 2016, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Start with a Boost Pill + GST Map Tune
More info here.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 08:16 PM

next thing im getting this week is the 3" magna-flow exhaust system then the K&n drop filter. i was thinking of getting the COBB 3-PORT BOOST CONTROL SOLENOID instead of the pill then get a tune. i want to get all the non tune stuff i can before doing the actually tune. how does that sound?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 08:37 PM

either the drop in k&n or the AEM 21-698C Cold Air Intake? oh and forgot the AMS Intercooler and Upper Pipe Combo before a tune also .. than i think im done
Old Jun 28, 2016, 08:40 AM

The AEM isn't really worth the money when you compare the gains between a good drop-in (K&N, or Cosworth) and the AEM itself. I bought one, and looking back, it was a waste of $200+.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Exige90
The AEM isn't really worth the money when you compare the gains between a good drop-in (K&N, or Cosworth) and the AEM itself. I bought one, and looking back, it was a waste of $200+.
I was about to buy one of those, though I knew a drop-in is probably just as good. I just liked the look of it, thought it made the engine bay look more clean imo. So, I'm still kicking around the AeM idea.

Nice, car, not sure about the gold'ish color(guess its the color of the Ralliart Badge?), but still looks very clean, though!
Sounds about what I'm going to try and do, though I'm leaning towards a Turboxs or Borla cat-back, just don't want a load drone.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:43 AM

yeah thats y i did the goldish burnt orange theme and yeah i still have not fully decided yet to get the AEM or drop in filter yet but that will be in like 2 months. also what do u guys think.. the Cobb set up or the boost pill? im leaning more to the COBB?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Exige90
I don't think Cosworth makes a drop-in filter for the Ralliart or Evo anymore unfortunately.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 07:52 AM

go with the Cobb 3 port. IMO i would get an EvoX intercooler and piping rather than AMS, much cheaper and performs just as well.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 01:10 PM

will it fit evox intercooler and piping fit all the same and have u actually done the intercooler/piping swap.. is it easy to undo the front bumper and all. also ty for your opinion on the BCS i was leaning on that... i dont need the access port with that do i?, just the tune after the install right?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Racnal906
will it fit evox intercooler and piping fit all the same and have u actually done the intercooler/piping swap.. is it easy to undo the front bumper and all. also ty for your opinion on the BCS i was leaning on that... i dont need the access port with that do i?, just the tune after the install right?
If you look at my sig i have the EvoX intercooler and EvoX stock UICP and LICP on my car (and the Cobb BCS). It was plug and play, my bumper came off rather easy because it's not fully attached due to previous owners damage. You don't need the AP for any of this. However, i would talk with your tuner to see what they use to tune as some tuners are partial to a different BCS like Grimspeed vs Cobb unit.
The following users liked this post:
Racnal906 (Jun 29, 2016)
Old Jun 29, 2016, 05:37 PM

AD-BOITCL+PP-EVOX-BK (part #) - (link) http://www.protuninglab.com/08mievo10xbo.html .. this one will work the same right? im trying to stay away from all the chrome stuff ha and this is like Half the price of the AMS so yeah will be getting this one instead prob if it fits which im almost certain it will
Old Jun 29, 2016, 05:48 PM

Just browse the evox classified section, you should be able to get it used for under $200
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Racnal906
AD-BOITCL+PP-EVOX-BK (part #) - (link) http://www.protuninglab.com/08mievo10xbo.html .. this one will work the same right? im trying to stay away from all the chrome stuff ha and this is like Half the price of the AMS so yeah will be getting this one instead prob if it fits which im almost certain it will
I've seen you are interested in buying an exhaust and a front mount. I'm actually converting all my parts back to oem and I'm going to have the ETS front mount/uicp/licp and a ultimate racing turboback with the high flow cat and mini muffler options. If you haven't already purchased them maybe I can sell you mine for a reasonable price. The exhaust is amazing and the front mount and piping are just as nice. Less than 3k miles on all of it.

Last edited by James..G; Jun 29, 2016 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Correct wording
Old Jun 30, 2016, 05:30 PM

put this MAGNAFLOW 15597 Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System. the fit was perfect and a easy install. kinda wish i would have got a louder exhaust system but i am still happy with the out come

Quick Reply: My new Ralliart project