Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Looking to upgrade in the future

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to upgrade in the future

Hello, I own a 2009 Mitsubishi Ralliart, I have got good plans to add lots of performance parts to the car, but in the mean-time I wanted to either get a plug and play ECU performance Chip or find a cheaper 3-port solenoid to re-flash the ECU.Problem is it'll be a while for me to get all the parts for me to re-flash the ECU. If I was to get a plug and play performance chip does anyone have any recommendations for one to get? It would only be for a couple months to save up for an AEM cold air intake, 3" cat back exhaust and a EVO X BOV then I'll get a 3-port solenoid and re-flash the ECU. Should I wait for 3 months or just purchase a boost chip for now?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Wait.
Wait until you have a total goal in mind (HP/Torque and cost target).
Research(research. research.) There is lots of info on this forum to guide you.
Put together a notional plan (parts and tune). We can help with cost estimates too.
Post the plan here for review and comment (we have all walked this road and want to help you avoid costly mistakes).
Revise the plan.
Implement the plan.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lockinloaded
Hello, I own a 2009 Mitsubishi Ralliart, I have got good plans to add lots of performance parts to the car, but in the mean-time I wanted to either get a plug and play ECU performance Chip or find a cheaper 3-port solenoid to re-flash the ECU.Problem is it'll be a while for me to get all the parts for me to re-flash the ECU. If I was to get a plug and play performance chip does anyone have any recommendations for one to get? It would only be for a couple months to save up for an AEM cold air intake, 3" cat back exhaust and a EVO X BOV then I'll get a 3-port solenoid and re-flash the ECU. Should I wait for 3 months or just purchase a boost chip for now?
None of the above. Do this instead: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...t-basemap.html
Old Oct 14, 2017, 05:56 PM

So what all do I need to do a base map redo? I'll purchase a boost pill because that's very cheap. Is there a link to give me a step by step on exactly what I do for the boost pill and remap of the ECU?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 03:34 PM

Id wait. I wouldn't waste my money on the boost pill base map thing. A drop in filter, turbo back exhaust and 3 port bumped my ralliart up to 292whp/320ftlbs.

The drop in filter is good to alot 400hp...if your end goal is more than that, you may look into a short ram or cold air intake
Old Oct 30, 2017, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Adrenolin
Id wait. I wouldn't waste my money on the boost pill base map thing. A drop in filter, turbo back exhaust and 3 port bumped my ralliart up to 292whp/320ftlbs.

The drop in filter is good to alot 400hp...if your end goal is more than that, you may look into a short ram or cold air intake
Pretty much the same of a boost pill + TBE + dropin + Custom Tune.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I think you forgot to mention that you must have got a custom-tune here as well(which I assume wasn't cheap, whereas the Basemap is free). And if you did these mods without getting some sort of tune you are playing with fire......
Old Nov 1, 2017, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Slee256
Yeah, I think you forgot to mention that you must have got a custom-tune here as well(which I assume wasn't cheap, whereas the Basemap is free). And if you did these mods without getting some sort of tune you are playing with fire......
Don't forget the high reading dyno ....
Old Nov 1, 2017, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Slee256
I figured a custom tune is a given (Atlantic Motorsports in Gaithersburg, MD). OTS maps, are **** and are not a perfect fit for the entire spectrum of cars.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 06:23 AM

Just saw you're in Baltimore, Slee... I work in Baltimore. Live over off Reistertown
Old Nov 1, 2017, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by SharkyPR
Don't forget the high reading dyno ....
The highest bro.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Just saw you're in Baltimore, Slee... I work in Baltimore. Live over off Reistertown
Cool, I live in the Hunt Valley/Timonium area. If you're ever over this way let me know, I'd like to see your car and mods.