Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Shopping for a Ralliart

Old Aug 28, 2018, 06:36 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shopping for a Ralliart

Hey guys,

I am going to be selling my current car soon. It has been a fun ride but I am looking to move on to a turbo AWD compact sedan with a reputable heritage in that arena and I have decided on Mitsu over Subaru (: I have also decided that an Evo is out of budget and I have been window shopping Ralliarts for a few months getting ready to pull the trigger. Before I do, I thought I'd get set up on this forum and see if there are any things I should watch out for (certain years, etc) when buying. Most of the ones I am looking at are 2012-2015 as I had heard there were issues with the early SSTs, and also just because I am wanting to get a newer once in nicer condition. If anyone has any buyer advice for a guy determined to get into a Ralliart, please let me know! TIA
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Iíve heard a lot of things about faulty SST in earlier years but my 09 Ralliart tranny is still going strong and Iíve been running the X swap for years and years. Try to find one that is unmolested and low mileage. They are selling for so cheap right now. Do a nice long test drive and make sure everything works inside. Pop the hood and check for good care. Good luck on your future Ralliart purchase!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 02:56 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Another thing make sure the SST oil is changed or asked if its been changed or serviced,When I bought mine I didn't ask if it was changed and it was past due so it cost me a lot just to change it. Other than that the RA is a fun car all around, I'm sure you'll find one at a decent price good luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.