Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Cobb Tuning/ Gas Octane

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb Tuning/ Gas Octane

Heyo, im days away from purchasing a 09 Ralliart. Im lookin into tuning it with the Cobb Accesport. My issue is that being in Quebec, we only have 94 OCT at Petro canada, which ive read is just horrible gas/straight up worse than Shell's 91 V-Power.(because of the lack of ethanol in Shell's gas)
What i want to know is, is it possible to just tune the Ralliart to 91 OCT and use Shell 91 instead of using the map for the CAD94 as listed on the Cobb website. I dont care about a loss of performance as long as its negligible but i would like to know if its safe to do.

Thanks,

Last edited by Nathan Manseau; May 4, 2019 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a point
Old May 4, 2019, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Unless you're getting a pro-tune, stay away from the AP. The maps on their website will nuke an engine. If you're getting a pro-tune anyway though no sense in getting the AP since you're paying just for a device to switch maps if you plan on getting tuned for a dual-map
Old May 4, 2019, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raikiri
Unless you're getting a pro-tune, stay away from the AP. The maps on their website will nuke an engine. If you're getting a pro-tune anyway though no sense in getting the AP since you're paying just for a device to switch maps if you plan on getting tuned for a dual-map
Theyre just flat out bad for the car? I find that a little hard to believe. Though if thats the case i wont risk it.
Thank you