EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Lancer Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general-266/)
-   -   RA Complaints Thread (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general/465053-ra-complaints-thread.html)

scafel19 Dec 24, 2009 09:48 AM

RA Complaints Thread

Tried giving someone a jump yesterday and found out that in order to gain access to our battery, you have to take off a portion of the air intake. There is a cover on top of the battery that I am thinking about removing for good. Is this a good idea? For some reason the owner's manual states to make sure the cover stays on, but I'm thinking if I ever need a jump, I really don't feel like taking off the air intake in order to hook up the battery cables. Without the cover, you can have access to positive and negative terminals without removing the air intake. Anyone else have this problem?

Kieffer87 Dec 24, 2009 09:56 AM

Mine also has this cover, never really thought about it but I guess if you needed a jump it might be a PITA. I always keep a double sided philips and straight edge screwdriver in my car so it would take 2 seconds to get the intake snorkel off and the battery cover off.

tre Dec 24, 2009 10:07 AM

weird my 09 RA didn't come with this cover from the dealership.
i know which one your referring to. its the one right underneith the air snorkel. mines clearly not there. :confused:

boondoc Dec 24, 2009 11:06 AM

I took that **** off and kept it off.

PCToolsWiki Dec 24, 2009 12:02 PM

OFFICIAL: RA Complaints Thread

I figure I would make this thread so we can get a collabrative effort on compalints and who knows :mitsu: might look at them...

- Stock seats are cheap and ugly (I do not like the Recarro so I am stuck with the lesser of 2 evils)
- Weather Stripping at the front of the hood gets little crap stuck in it.
- Being tall I wish I could raise the steering wheel more, sometimes I cant see if I turn on my turn signals on.
- Aux button and not just hold down CD
- Bluetooth isn't very loud or crisp (Maybe its my iPhone) :crap:
- Auto tranny portion is great but sometimes it feels really jumpy in traffic
- RCA Cables get in the way...wish it had straight Aux jack
- For $25k and a 2010 car it should have projector lights and or HID stock.
- Chrome trim when the rest of the car has flat black?
- Wish it had more HP to compete with WRX's 265 HP.

I know I just got my car and I do love it to death...these are issues I wish they would fix for future models.

Groundfades Dec 24, 2009 12:48 PM

very few of those are worth mentioning when you take into account you bought the car. The recaros are an amazing seat, you chose not to get them, so deal with the lousy stockers, all brands have them.

The telescopic steering wheel is the same as most mitsu cars/suv's have.

you got blue tooth but didnt get the other options your complaining you dont have? How much more was the hid's and recaros and stuff like that. Not much, in canada they are both in the base ralliart model, so obviously they arent too much more.

The chrome trim is for all those rednecks out there who think its cool. The car is marketed after young people like us, and older people who want something reliable and safe.

OMG NOT 265 CRANK HORSE POWER !!!!!.. spend the 400$ and get a tune. youll be quicker, just as safe and reliable, and have saved some doh.

end rant.

brads09lancerGT Dec 24, 2009 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by scafel19 (Post 7828709)
Tried giving someone a jump yesterday

You realize that boosting another car with your RA can void your warranty(electrical). Last thing the service manager told me before I drove off in my RA the day I bought it was never boost someone ever in the RA. If u are having electrical warranty issues 1st thing they look at is your battery terminals to see if they are all marked up from booster cables. I guess lots of people can't figure out how to do it properly and mess up their electronics.

PCToolsWiki Dec 24, 2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Groundfades (Post 7829186)
very few of those are worth mentioning when you take into account you bought the car. The recaros are an amazing seat, you chose not to get them, so deal with the lousy stockers, all brands have them.

The telescopic steering wheel is the same as most mitsu cars/suv's have.

you got blue tooth but didnt get the other options your complaining you dont have? How much more was the hid's and recaros and stuff like that. Not much, in canada they are both in the base ralliart model, so obviously they arent too much more.

The chrome trim is for all those rednecks out there who think its cool. The car is marketed after young people like us, and older people who want something reliable and safe.

OMG NOT 265 CRANK HORSE POWER !!!!!.. spend the 400$ and get a tune. youll be quicker, just as safe and reliable, and have saved some doh.

end rant.

I could care less about how the Recarros feel to me, I don't like them end of story. Stock seats are not very comfortable and look like old people seats. Also the material is attracted to hair which is annoying because I have 2 dogs.

The Ralliart had an option for HID's but did not see projector lights. You needed to get the Recarro package for the HID's which I don't want. If I spend 25.5k for a 2010 car I expect some things to be included.

It is nice Bluetooth is a stock option, but if it doesn't work great...then it is useless.

I don't want a tune or to mod the car I want to keep it stock and not void the warranty. With all the Ralliart's competitors it easily has the least amount of HP out of all of them.

Like I said I do love the car and it is a dream to drive...this is more of a wish list that should be standard and not to have to pay 5k extra to get.

boondoc Dec 24, 2009 08:27 PM

The seats are way nicer than my OZ so I can't say anything about then except ur right about them attracting particle and hair. To get projectors u will have to get the recaro package. And the bluetooth work fine for me, at first I didn't understand it but once I got through the manual it was all gravy.

Dergoma Dec 24, 2009 09:06 PM

well relocating the battery to the trunk is not necessarily an extremely difficult option and then its cake to gain access to it.

Skym Dec 24, 2009 09:19 PM

I've only had my RA for a month and the plastics in the interior is already starting to rattle...
I'm not sure where it's coming from but it's definitely there. Sounds like it's coming left of the driver seat but cant pinpoint where it's coming from...

PCToolsWiki Dec 24, 2009 09:22 PM

I fixed the Bluetooth problem...my iPhone was messed up and I restored it and it works great.

boondoc Dec 24, 2009 09:32 PM

{thumbup}

If u don't like the chrome trims and ring u can plastidip it flat black like others have done. I personally like them so I haven't done so but I did my wheels graphite gray, I hated the the stock silver.

OctaneBlueRA Dec 25, 2009 04:23 AM

Interior rattling, fat spoiler which blocks the middle of my rear view vision, needs launch control for drag strip

RADriver Dec 25, 2009 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Groundfades (Post 7829186)

Rednecks who think it's cool! And Older People! Hey I resemble those remarks:lol: