EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Lancer Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general-266/)
-   -   RA Complaints Thread (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general/465053-ra-complaints-thread.html)

Silver09RA Feb 28, 2010 11:45 AM

Has anyone here noticed a squeak while starting their car for the first time in a cold morning?It lasts for about a split second, but then the squeak won't happen if you try to turn off then start the car right back up... possibly the belt? I only have 3200 miles on the car, and it shouldn't have a loose belt already right?

Jyrk Feb 28, 2010 02:14 PM

I think the one you're talking about is the sound from the SST.. I could be wrong, but alot of people have this "squeal" on cold starts. Many have thought its the SST.. No real proof if it is or not, just what people thought the sound is coming from.

billyboy1 Feb 28, 2010 03:47 PM

with the shocking seats the ra comes with, it necessitated the seating position to be more forward than normal - the seats then kinda worked, but the A pillar is right in the way when looking through corners - haha, solve one problem and end up with another ;)

boondoc Mar 1, 2010 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silver09RA (Post 8043169)
.....possibly the belt? I only have 3200 miles on the car, and it shouldn't have a loose belt already right?

The Lancers no longer use belts. Its a timing chain.

Silver09RA Mar 1, 2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jyrk (Post 8043541)
I think the one you're talking about is the sound from the SST.. I could be wrong, but alot of people have this "squeal" on cold starts. Many have thought its the SST.. No real proof if it is or not, just what people thought the sound is coming from.

Thanks for the info man... I'll try to take a note of where its coming from next time.

Originally Posted by boondoc (Post 8046019)
The Lancers no longer use belts. Its a timing chain.

I know they use timing chains instead of timing belts... but I'm referring to the belt for the water pump, alternator, power steering etc. sorry for the confusion man.

boondoc Mar 1, 2010 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Silver09RA (Post 8046048)
I know they use timing chains instead of timing belts... but I'm referring to the belt for the water pump, alternator, power steering etc. sorry for the confusion man.

Its all good no worries :). I hate that sound too but I don't even think the mechanics at the dealer even know where it comes from.

EricJ@AMS Mar 1, 2010 05:15 PM

I'm pretty sure that screeching noise is the AC compressor clutch. Most of us have our climate controls set where the AC is usually cycling and when its real cold, the clutch screeches when it first grabs.

DarkCloud2049 Mar 2, 2010 07:01 AM

Has anyone here noticed a squeak while starting their car for the first time in a cold morning?It lasts for about a split second, but then the squeak won't happen if you try to turn off then start the car right back up... possibly the belt? I only have 3200 miles on the car, and it shouldn't have a loose belt already right?

It has happend to me and I have 12k on it. My brothers GTS does the same once in a while itll squeak at startup but goes away quickly.

DarkCloud2049 Mar 2, 2010 07:02 AM

It has happend to me but goes away very quickly. I have 12k on it. It also has happend to my brothers GTS on startup.

scafel19 Mar 3, 2010 07:47 PM

Wish the car came with a warning telling me when the weather and the roads may be "perfect" because I really enjoy the warning when they may be icy. What a waste of electronics. Dealer said they can't reprogram that.

jRox Mar 6, 2010 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by scafel19 (Post 8056447)
Wish the car came with a warning telling me when the weather and the roads may be "perfect" because I really enjoy the warning when they may be icy. What a waste of electronics. Dealer said they can't reprogram that.

Does that really bother you? It's only there for like 3 seconds.

BigGreenMachine Mar 6, 2010 07:14 AM

The car telling me the roads are "Perfect" would be pretty mint. = ]

Complaint...flat spins on dry roads are causing excessive wear to all four tires.

scafel19 Mar 6, 2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by jRox (Post 8064660)
Does that really bother you? It's only there for like 3 seconds.

Only because I'm riding without TPMS in my winter wheels. I reset the Service Light, then the Icy roads warning comes on and then I have to reset the Service Light again.
I just think it is funny that a car needs an info light like that on it. I wonder if I would be able to take Mitsu to court because the warning light on the car states that the roads are icy, but in actuallity they are not, and that effects my mind on how I drive.

Ph3n0m Mar 6, 2010 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by scafel19 (Post 8065092)
Only because I'm riding without TPMS in my winter wheels. I reset the Service Light, then the Icy roads warning comes on and then I have to reset the Service Light again.
I just think it is funny that a car needs an info light like that on it. I wonder if I would be able to take Mitsu to court because the warning light on the car states that the roads are icy, but in actuallity they are not, and that effects my mind on how I drive.

Now why the hell would you want to do that.... I'll bet you can't it says the roads may be icy, not are icy...

brads09lancerGT Mar 6, 2010 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by scafel19 (Post 8065092)

The warning doesn't say the roads are Icy, it says possibly icy. Also u should always drive more careful when it gets cooler not just cause the warning comes on, black ice can happen in a second. Suing mits over a possible icy roads warning is without a doubt top 5 dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

I have no tpms on my winters either and my icy roads warning comes on then right away does the tpms one so I only have to press the button once. I'm pretty sure that every new car has to have the icy road warning. My parents new 2010 Avalanche does so does my friends Forte Koup.