EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Lancer Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general-266/)
-   -   Ralliart front splitter (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general/558172-ralliart-front-splitter.html)

chessrace May 29, 2011 01:43 PM

Ralliart front splitter

1 Attachment(s)
I've been considering ways to dress up the front end of my 2009 Ralliart. I found this carbon fiber splitter for about $300. Has anyone bought this particular item and if so what were your experiences with installation, appearance, etc.?

sstevojr May 29, 2011 02:09 PM

You will find more info about this on N/A side of 08+ Lancers. Good part tho!

canadaralliart May 29, 2011 04:16 PM

I have that splitter and i will be removing it its to soft need something stiffer than that cause at high speeds it vibrates way to much its hard to drive its not made for high speeds over 120km/h.

03chi-town0Z May 30, 2011 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by canadaralliart (Post 9354925)
I have that splitter and i will be removing it its to soft need something stiffer than that cause at high speeds it vibrates way to much its hard to drive its not made for high speeds over 120km/h.

Really? I hadn't heard about that being an issue.

Do you have the "stabilizer rods" installed too?:
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...0gts%20009.jpg

I feel like they would work better if placed wider or actually bolted into something more stable than a plastic grille, but they are an option all the same.

canadaralliart May 30, 2011 09:27 PM

yes i do have the rods in and they are wider then in that pic they are bolted to the bumper itself but when i was going 140km/h it started to vibrate and you can hear it scrape the ground and underneath i have them bolted with proper bolts not the self-taping screws that they come with. The splitter needs to be stiffer then what it is it has to much play, but I might be doing something wrong.

sstevojr May 30, 2011 09:30 PM

That hood just looks 'wrong' to me, with that huge gaping hole. Those edges look like something was removed (such as a scoop), and just seems....off. At least to me {shrug}

03chi-town0Z May 31, 2011 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by canadaralliart (Post 9357425)
yes i do have the rods in and they are wider then in that pic they are bolted to the bumper itself but when i was going 140km/h it started to vibrate and you can hear it scrape the ground and underneath i have them bolted with proper bolts not the self-taping screws that they come with. The splitter needs to be stiffer then what it is it has to much play, but I might be doing something wrong.

Doubtful then, that you're doing anything wrong, if you're using all the hardware. I was just curious because I've seen people install splitters without the rods because it "didn't look good" and it did nothing but slow the car down and cause issues. Have you asked RRM about it? Seems like a defect if that's the case. Maybe they'd be willing to try sending you a different one? I guess it depends on how long you've had it already.

Originally Posted by sstevojr (Post 9357432)
That hood just looks 'wrong' to me, with that huge gaping hole. Those edges look like something was removed (such as a scoop), and just seems....off. At least to me {shrug}

Agreed. I've never really been a big fan of this hood either. If they were going to do an integrated scoop, I would think that giving it a little raised section like the FQ400 or some other sort of shape definition would have been a better idea since, like you said, it now looks like it's missing a very small scoop. Thats just how I would have done it anyway, but who am I to judge while I'm the lowly customer and they are the ones making the "big bucks" in the industry...

Slee256 May 31, 2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by sstevojr (Post 9357432)

Spot on. It looks completely unfinished, like someone took a Sawzall and just cut out a pre-traced pattern straight through the sheet metal.{thumbdwn}

NFSLancerRA May 31, 2011 09:18 PM

If that is the car that I think that it is, I have nothing negative to say about it. Word on the street is that either RRM or RRE (can't remember who) created a "Ralliart" with the GSR 5-speed. That for that, I tip my hat. What a bad ass project.

initial_d2k May 31, 2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA (Post 9360070)
If that is the car that I think that it is, I have nothing negative to say about it. Word on the street is that either RRM or RRE (can't remember who) created a "Ralliart" with the GSR 5-speed. That for that, I tip my hat. What a bad ass project.

if ure referring to the Silver lancer above... its a 2008 GTS (or 2009 with 2.4) turbo charged by RRM.

I wish someone can make a 5sp swap on the Ralliart... :lol: lets keep dreaming..

sstevojr May 31, 2011 09:41 PM

Wanna hear a secret....get a bit closer....no one else is listening right?!?
I was talking with a "known" individual about their plans, which involves beating the hell out of an RA (currently in progress) until the tranny fails, and then swapping in a GSR 5-speed. Now being the doubting Tom I am, I said how??? Well in this individuals words "hell, I'll weld the b!tch if I need to, I got a full shop, haha"
Now this was all said in jest (obviously), but I wouldn't be surprised in a year or two seeing a shop or two attempting to do this. Although on a good note for all us who love the SST (me being one of them ;p ) in this attempt to "beat the hell out of the tranny", its going strong as ever after 30K HARD miles. But it recently got a BBX, so.....well see how long it lasts :)