Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart front splitter

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart front splitter

I've been considering ways to dress up the front end of my 2009 Ralliart. I found this carbon fiber splitter for about $300. Has anyone bought this particular item and if so what were your experiences with installation, appearance, etc.?
Attached Thumbnails Ralliart front splitter-rallyart-20front-20splitter.jpg  
Old May 29, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

You will find more info about this on N/A side of 08+ Lancers. Good part tho!
Old May 29, 2011, 04:16 PM

I have that splitter and i will be removing it its to soft need something stiffer than that cause at high speeds it vibrates way to much its hard to drive its not made for high speeds over 120km/h.
Old May 30, 2011, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by canadaralliart
I have that splitter and i will be removing it its to soft need something stiffer than that cause at high speeds it vibrates way to much its hard to drive its not made for high speeds over 120km/h.
Really? I hadn't heard about that being an issue.

Do you have the "stabilizer rods" installed too?:

I feel like they would work better if placed wider or actually bolted into something more stable than a plastic grille, but they are an option all the same.
Old May 30, 2011, 09:27 PM

yes i do have the rods in and they are wider then in that pic they are bolted to the bumper itself but when i was going 140km/h it started to vibrate and you can hear it scrape the ground and underneath i have them bolted with proper bolts not the self-taping screws that they come with. The splitter needs to be stiffer then what it is it has to much play, but I might be doing something wrong.
Old May 30, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

That hood just looks 'wrong' to me, with that huge gaping hole. Those edges look like something was removed (such as a scoop), and just seems....off. At least to me {shrug}
Old May 31, 2011, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by canadaralliart
yes i do have the rods in and they are wider then in that pic they are bolted to the bumper itself but when i was going 140km/h it started to vibrate and you can hear it scrape the ground and underneath i have them bolted with proper bolts not the self-taping screws that they come with. The splitter needs to be stiffer then what it is it has to much play, but I might be doing something wrong.
Doubtful then, that you're doing anything wrong, if you're using all the hardware. I was just curious because I've seen people install splitters without the rods because it "didn't look good" and it did nothing but slow the car down and cause issues. Have you asked RRM about it? Seems like a defect if that's the case. Maybe they'd be willing to try sending you a different one? I guess it depends on how long you've had it already.

Originally Posted by sstevojr
That hood just looks 'wrong' to me, with that huge gaping hole. Those edges look like something was removed (such as a scoop), and just seems....off. At least to me {shrug}
Agreed. I've never really been a big fan of this hood either. If they were going to do an integrated scoop, I would think that giving it a little raised section like the FQ400 or some other sort of shape definition would have been a better idea since, like you said, it now looks like it's missing a very small scoop. Thats just how I would have done it anyway, but who am I to judge while I'm the lowly customer and they are the ones making the "big bucks" in the industry...
Old May 31, 2011, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sstevojr
Spot on. It looks completely unfinished, like someone took a Sawzall and just cut out a pre-traced pattern straight through the sheet metal.
Old May 31, 2011, 09:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If that is the car that I think that it is, I have nothing negative to say about it. Word on the street is that either RRM or RRE (can't remember who) created a "Ralliart" with the GSR 5-speed. That for that, I tip my hat. What a bad *** project.
Old May 31, 2011, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
If that is the car that I think that it is, I have nothing negative to say about it. Word on the street is that either RRM or RRE (can't remember who) created a "Ralliart" with the GSR 5-speed. That for that, I tip my hat. What a bad *** project.
if ure referring to the Silver lancer above... its a 2008 GTS (or 2009 with 2.4) turbo charged by RRM.

I wish someone can make a 5sp swap on the Ralliart... lets keep dreaming..
Old May 31, 2011, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Wanna hear a secret....get a bit closer....no one else is listening right?!?
I was talking with a "known" individual about their plans, which involves beating the hell out of an RA (currently in progress) until the tranny fails, and then swapping in a GSR 5-speed. Now being the doubting Tom I am, I said how??? Well in this individuals words "hell, I'll weld the b!tch if I need to, I got a full shop, haha"
Now this was all said in jest (obviously), but I wouldn't be surprised in a year or two seeing a shop or two attempting to do this. Although on a good note for all us who love the SST (me being one of them ;p ) in this attempt to "beat the hell out of the tranny", its going strong as ever after 30K HARD miles. But it recently got a BBX, so.....well see how long it lasts