Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

loud sqweak.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loud sqweak.

yesterday i installed an intercooler lower intercooler piping and an ams transmission cooler and fluid change on the transmission. i tried last night to pull my rom so i can email it due to doing the evo x swap this weekend. after attempting i threw two codes. one was 4x4 transaxle circuit and the other pcm not responding. and on the way home from work today i was giving it some woof. and i heard sqwealing. its right in the power band and seems only at about half throttle. right where my bpv starts to flutter. "stupid turbosmart" it kind of concerns me. i have not a clue where its coming from. my guess is its slip on the clutches? with the new fluid maybe its making noise. i hope its nothing bad. please help. any idea what it could possibly be?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 03:27 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds like a boost leak to me, especially since you just replaced the IC and pipes and it comes in right in the meat of the boost curve.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

But I seem like I'm getting more power than before. I was thinking that but sort of leaned away from that. But I will check! I'm worried it's transmission related
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

You won't hear wet clutches slipping. Nor will your transmission "squeak" or "squeal'.

Maybe take a look at your belt if you find your intercooler connections tight.

As far as your codes go I believe the U codes to be common while reflashing. I'm not sure how reading works though.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 04:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
You will throw those codes anytime you read or write to a SST equipped mitsu. Just clear them, it's normal.

The loud squeek is most likely a boost leak.