Notices

Another Suspension upgrade advice thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Suspension upgrade advice thread

Hey guys. So A couple of things seeing as I only have a basic understanding of coilovers and springs atm..

1. I don't HATE my stock wheel gap, I just dislike it with a passion, so it needs to get reduced.
2. I need a suspension solution that will give a bit of a sporty ride
3. Unfortunately, as this is my daily driver and I do sometimes have to chauffeur my mother who can't drive anymore, it still has to be comfortable. Also she ONLY rides rear seats.
4. I did plan on going to a track maybe once a year...perhaps some autocross

taking that into consideration, would I be better off with coils? or springs? personally, I'd rather go for some basic coils (neo blue for example) mainly because my car just hit 100k (km's not miles) and I'm feeling I'll need to replace/upgrade the stock suspension anyway.

Also, I was thinking it was possible to firm up the front a bit while only firming up the rear slightly with coils. (in relation to point 3). If I can do that, that would be great.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
U could do a set of d2 coils with standard spring rate, it feels pretty comfortable but still stiff when u need it
Old Dec 19, 2013, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Best ride and gap reduction comes from Eibach ProKit springs. I would replace the struts at the same time with that high mileage...

The GRIP and other linear rate springs lower more and firm up the ride. Too much for my taste. I could tell from the bump if i ran over a dime.

Coilovers give a lower stance and much better handling (but a much harsher ride). You could tell if you ran over a dime and know if it was heads or tails...
Old Dec 19, 2013, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Veronica
Coilovers give a lower stance and much better handling (but a much harsher ride). You could tell if you ran over a dime and know if it was heads or tails...
id agree to this statement about BC coils but honestly my d2s are really smooth, everyone gets jealous of how smooth my car even though im on coils. if i hit a bump or pothole its def rough but just going over uneven surfaces, i dont notice too much