Notices

Launching solved Look what i found!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Launching solved Look what i found!

Alright i've kinda known about this for a while but decided to post this up for the people that might not know a really good way to launch the RA. i dont know if its much better for the car but you dont have to power brake so thats a plus. You simply hold the brake and at the same time flutter the gas so the rpms go up and up and up and maybe when it gets around 3-4 just let the brake out and floor it. The RPMs should shoot to your redline without hesitation and if this guy in the video spun them i think we can. . i always burn all 4 ha its legit. Heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW0jtxDpDHg . . hope i put the link on there right
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Yup that is how the two 11sec RA's have been launching.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:20 PM

sweet! thanks
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting...good find.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Is the turn signal required for 11 second passes?
Old Apr 23, 2011, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

You guys must love the idea of replacing clutches
Old Apr 23, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

^ Haha thats what I was thinkin
Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:18 PM

i gotta replace mine pretty soon anyway but there isnt really any other way to get a good launch the the RA's that i've found. . so Mad SB if you find one please enlighten me
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mad_SB
You guys must love the idea of replacing clutches

i am interested how long our clutches will actually last . i have driven my car pretty darn hard the whole time i have had it. i guess my biggest question and biggest worry is WHAT IF its not the clutches that go bad then what. there aint any damn replacement parts i would have to buy a whole new transmission? these trasmsissions are deffinatly very strong though. i also have 2 transmission coolers on my car because obviously heat is what kills transmissions so if i can keep the heat at a minimum maybe it will last longer. hey its worth the try right rather spend $200 in homeade trans coolers to prevent spending 4-10k on a new transmission or rebuilding it.

i have seriously probably launched my car 300 times maybe even a little more cant really keep count once you get that high. i do know that i will not launch my car with more than just myself in the car cause i can definitly tell that it is not good for it with any extra weight in the car.

i dont know hopefully i at least get to 100k i am at 50k now. i just picked up ssp transmission fluid and plan on getting deeper into the elevens coming this june
Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:14 AM

what was your launch method on your 11 second passes?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ralli time
i gotta replace mine pretty soon anyway but there isnt really any other way to get a good launch the the RA's that i've found. . so Mad SB if you find one please enlighten me
The best launch is no launch IMO.... Honestly, why would you buy a ralliart if you want to drag race... you knew it did not have launch control. In my opinion that is just plain abusive.

Anyway, not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I do have hopes that at some point the guru's will figure out how to implement some form of tunable launch control. I think there is a big difference in quickly slipping the clutches from say 3,500 rpm and slowly slipping them from 7,000 rpm... though with the inner voodoo that goes on with clamping pressure based off gear and rpm etc etc who knows.

And in the mean time... it's your car so do what you wanna do... even if that means beating it like a red headed step child that scratched your Ferrari
Old Apr 24, 2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by El-Diablo
what was your launch method on your 11 second passes?
as stated earlier. . this is the method they used for the 11 second passes
Old Apr 24, 2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mad_SB
The best launch is no launch IMO.... Honestly, why would you buy a ralliart if you want to drag race... you knew it did not have launch control. In my opinion that is just plain abusive.

Anyway, not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I do have hopes that at some point the guru's will figure out how to implement some form of tunable launch control. I think there is a big difference in quickly slipping the clutches from say 3,500 rpm and slowly slipping them from 7,000 rpm... though with the inner voodoo that goes on with clamping pressure based off gear and rpm etc etc who knows.

And in the mean time... it's your car so do what you wanna do... even if that means beating it like a red headed step child that scratched your Ferrari
I just like all types of racing... drag, autocross, and drift. I switch every other weekend Humm I've never tried this type of launch... I normally just rev to 3g and go... Any significant decrease in 60ft times/1/4 times?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ralliart26
I just like all types of racing... drag, autocross, and drift. I switch every other weekend Humm I've never tried this type of launch... I normally just rev to 3g and go... Any significant decrease in 60ft times/1/4 times?

are you holding the brake when you rev it up like this? i did know one guy who would reve it up to 5k in nuetral and then put it in drive i could not believe he was doing that
Old Apr 24, 2011, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

I did one time but i dont trust the tranny so no more jejejeje

Quick Reply: Launching solved Look what i found!