Notices

Cobb Survey!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb Survey!

Hey everyone,

Whether anything will come out of it or not, Cobb has issued a survey out for the Railliart!

I'm hoping they can make some new maps and support the car a bit more (as promosied by them). It would be great if everyone could answer, even you're already tuned. You could help us un-tuned guys get some new maps, hopefully.

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e4s1u63egs9hdd52/start

I answered the last question:

Stage 2+Intake (Works filter)+Boost pill+EvoX Intercooler (with UICP/LICP)

Cheers!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

I did it too.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Highly doubt cobb would do a map for a pill. Cobb sees the 3-port holding boost way better than any pill could dream of. The only parts I've seen promoted for the ralliart are usually parts compatible for both the evo and ra. If it wasn't for the pea shooter turbo the ra could put out serious power. There's a reason why stage 3 at cobb for the ralliart is a turbo swap with all evo x parts, intake, and intercooler.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

i did it too ..
Old Sep 7, 2011, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Krisko
Highly doubt cobb would do a map for a pill. Cobb sees the 3-port holding boost way better than any pill could dream of. The only parts I've seen promoted for the ralliart are usually parts compatible for both the evo and ra. If it wasn't for the pea shooter turbo the ra could put out serious power. There's a reason why stage 3 at cobb for the ralliart is a turbo swap with all evo x parts, intake, and intercooler.
pmuch. the stock RA turbo is just too damn small. trying to fully max it out will cost too much for too little gain - it's just a waste. a lot of people underestimate how affordable X turbo swaps are

I'm trying to sell my X turbo kit since I have an Evo now and I can't believe how little it's worth (~$1500 before shipping), and yet I see people spending nearly that much on a full exhaust and intake for...what 30whp/tq total?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
pmuch. the stock RA turbo is just too damn small. trying to fully max it out will cost too much for too little gain - it's just a waste. a lot of people underestimate how affordable X turbo swaps are

I'm trying to sell my X turbo kit since I have an Evo now and I can't believe how little it's worth (~$1500 before shipping), and yet I see people spending nearly that much on a full exhaust and intake for...what 30whp/tq total?
It's not bad in parts alone, but less mechanically inclined folks it's the expensive labor that makes it impractical... I haven't been able to find it for less then $1100 for Evo X Turbo swap for labor alone.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by captg
It's not bad in parts alone, but less mechanically inclined folks it's the expensive labor that makes it impractical... I haven't been able to find it for less then $1100 for Evo X Turbo swap for labor alone.
~$1100 (about what I got quoted a while ago) sounds reasonable to me

maybe I'm just good at budgeting? because another $1100 is only 2-3 more months (could be 1 if I decided to be really frugal) of saving. I'd wait 2-3 months to get a real turbo, rather than blow what I had then for a silly exhaust for +15-20

don't mean to brag about my income or anything, just wondering, most people here have stable jobs/paychecks don't they? money is mostly just a matter of time to me (now that I'm not a full-time car salesman, thank god)