Notices

X Turbo Swap Intake Solutions?

Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X Turbo Swap Intake Solutions?

K, here goes, I have plans of swapping a X turbo setup into my 2010 Ralliart within the next week or two. I'm totally set with everything, however, I'm a little worried about the intake setup. I do not want to relocate the battery if at all possible, and would prefer not to run a small battery. I have a complete x turbo assembly, hoses, gaskets, etc. and complete intake system from a x. I haven't been able to find any definitive answers as to whether or not simply putting a cone filter onto the x maf housing will allow me to retain the stock battery in the stock location, but that is my intent...

Any input from someone who has done the swap would be shweet, I'd like to know if there are any further parts required that would be considered a necessity that i could buy from a local auto-parts store pre-install...

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Ra_Guy
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

You could buy the AEM intake for the RA with the RRE evo x adapter. Thats what im doing with my swap
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:33 PM

I'd prefer not to spend much more on this swap as i've pretty much hit my budget for it... Mostly new OEM parts: 5000 miles on turbo, all new turbo attachments, lines,gaskets, elbows,etc.; MAP tubular manifold, GS 3-Port, etc. I'm at ~$1500 total spent... budgeted $1500 so if at all possible I'd like to use what i have lol...
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:35 PM

I'm not at all opposed to slicing and dicing on the x intake stuff to make this work, just need to know if it's possible.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Im sure it will but your battery is going to be blocking all the air
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

i know it sucks but id either go small battery/relocate battery. small kit isnt too expensive and you could probably get most of the dough back by selling your stocker.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:52 PM

Hmm... Didn't think of that... Perhaps if I got a filter with a sort of elbow on it, I could use the stock duct... Guess time will tell...
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chaz17
i know it sucks but id either go small battery/relocate battery. small kit isnt too expensive and you could probably get most of the dough back by selling your stocker.
and its a good chunk of weight savings. I think getting a small battery is a good investment overall

I recommend people just relocate a small battery to the trunk and run a real X intake (even the OEM X system is well designed)
Old Jan 2, 2012, 06:12 AM

Sooooo, I bit the bullet and relocated the battery. Retrofit the x intake to the stock turbo just cause... What have people been doing about the main fuse? I could not find a good place for it... Btw, not sure how many people know about it, but there's a very convenient grommet on the drivers side, tucked up in the corner...
Old Jan 2, 2012, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ra_guy
Sooooo, I bit the bullet and relocated the battery. Retrofit the x intake to the stock turbo just cause... What have people been doing about the main fuse? I could not find a good place for it... Btw, not sure how many people know about it, but there's a very convenient grommet on the drivers side, tucked up in the corner...
Pic?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ra_guy

I used that grommet for my boost gauge
Old Jan 2, 2012, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Just for reference when people find this later, there is also the CBRD intake designed just for this swap to not require battery relocation. get it on their web store.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 05:38 AM

I did see the intake you're talking about, but in the end this seemed like the better solution... I'll post pics of my temporary solution soon. No computer access for the past few days... Really looking forward to the swap.

As a side note, does anyone have a spare Bov to licp hose from the X? For some reason the one I have has been cut about 1 1/2" short...
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:43 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if we can help let us know!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 08:55 AM

CBRD intake is something I am looking for as well. But the price is a bit steep.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: X Turbo Swap Intake Solutions?